Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Favorite protein shake/smoothie recipes?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm
Posts: 154
I just got ten pounds of gemma in the mail and I need some shake/smoothie recipes.

This morning I made one with:

24g gemma
1/2 banana
4 oz chocolate soymilk
4 oz plain ricemilk
ice

It was pretty good but didn't quite mask the taste of the protein powder.

What are your favorite protein shake/smoothie recipes?

_________________
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
—Johann von Goethe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:07 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
apple juice
strawberries
banana
SPI (no taste no sweetner)

this one is called pre bball drink

_________________
cubby2112 wrote:
When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm
Posts: 154
xjohanx wrote:
apple juice
strawberries
banana
SPI (no taste no sweetner)

this one is called pre bball drink


Thanks, I'll have to try that one.

_________________
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
—Johann von Goethe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 pm
Posts: 134
Location: phx, az
1c home frozen papaya cubes
1c home frozen kale shreds
~25g gemma
1/4 cup of quinoa or whatever "grain" cooked/sprouted
1 tbsp flax meal
~2c water
blend it together for about 30 sec. most of the time it turns out like soft serve, but a funky lime green color with an amazing taste and balanced nutrition.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:26 am 
This is more of a fatty shake than anything but its great for a yearly treat.

1 cup of Soy Delicious peanut butter zig zag or Turtle Trail
2 cups of Soy Milk
1 cups of ice
4 tablespoons of cocoa
3 medium sized bananas
1/4 Jar of Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract

I haven't made one of these for a long time but if I could I'd have one every day.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Stockholm, Sweden.
when i bulk i do this:
0,5 dl chocolate soymilk
115 grams (3 dl) oats
50 grams peanuts
50 grams cocoa powder
45 grams of soy protein

it's about 1200 kcal. i used to enjoy it together with avocado sandwhiches and scrambled tofu for breakfast. i miss bulking.

_________________
cubby2112 wrote:
When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm
Posts: 154
joninvegaz wrote:
1c home frozen papaya cubes
1c home frozen kale shreds
~25g gemma
1/4 cup of quinoa or whatever "grain" cooked/sprouted
1 tbsp flax meal
~2c water
blend it together for about 30 sec. most of the time it turns out like soft serve, but a funky lime green color with an amazing taste and balanced nutrition.


Thanks, this sounds really good. I bought the stuff for it today and I'll try it tomorrow.

_________________
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
—Johann von Goethe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:08 pm 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 pm
Posts: 154
veganpotter wrote:
This is more of a fatty shake than anything but its great for a yearly treat.

1 cup of Soy Delicious peanut butter zig zag or Turtle Trail
2 cups of Soy Milk
1 cups of ice
4 tablespoons of cocoa
3 medium sized bananas
1/4 Jar of Peanut Butter
1 teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract



xjohanx wrote:
when i bulk i do this:
0,5 dl chocolate soymilk
115 grams (3 dl) oats
50 grams peanuts
50 grams cocoa powder
45 grams of soy protein



These concoctions both sound great. I think I gained five pounds just reading over them. Especially Potter's, lol.

_________________
"Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
—Johann von Goethe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 pm 
Eating things like that was pretty regular for me before I picked up cycling...I wish I could still do that. Hmm I ate like that to maintain my weight before...since I did that to maintain and I'm pretty happy where I'm at now...maybe I should try it again.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:01 am 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3395
yeah you should. You burn enough calories on your bike. You'll be doing your body a favor :wink:

a bunch of frozen blueberries
a bunch of frozen strawberries
a banana
handful of greens
water
pretty simple but super yummy :)

_________________
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:17 pm
Posts: 2842
Location: Winnipeg
My favourite is pretty simple:

a banana
cup of mixed berries
2 tbsp of hemp powder
water

mmmmm :D

_________________
What's the difference between boogers and broccoli ?
-Kids don't eat broccoli.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group