looking for somsauce/dip for veggies

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

thendanisays
Gorilla

looking for somsauce/dip for veggies

#1 Postby thendanisays » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:50 am

i need to put sometihng on my veggies! BUT- :roll: ...i already have a pretty strict diet with everything i need built into it. i want to eat more veggies throughout the day (green leafies to be exact) but i don't want to add extra dressing...too fatty and plain vinegar burns my mouth. i don't want to dip them in hummus....too many extra carbs. you see my dilemma. i mean, it's not a huge deal, but i think it would help me eat more of them. any suggestions?

DV
Elephant

#2 Postby DV » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 am

If you like the taste of nutritional yeast then you could make a dip with that. Each 1.5 Tbls has 60 calories, 8 grams of protein, 3 grams of digestible carbs (4 grams of fiber) and 1 gram of fat. If it's a supplemented form (such as Red Star brand) then you also get some whopping doses of B vitamins with a fair amount of selenium and zinc.

You could try adding mustard, smoked paprika or any other condiment/spice/herb you like.

thendanisays
Gorilla

#3 Postby thendanisays » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:04 am

sounds delicious. i totally forgot about nutritional yeast. awesome.

xjohanx
Elephant

#4 Postby xjohanx » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:16 am

soy yoghurt has a pretty cool nutritional value. you can make tzatziki and other good stuff. a plus with tzatziki (since you wanted more greens) is that you have cucumber in it. there are tons of different variations in spices you can make.
cubby2112 wrote:When someone says you don't train "functionally," you should just punch them in the face. Ask them how "functional" of a movement that was.

Return to “Vegan Recipes”