Vegan whipped or whipping cream?

compassionategirl

Well, I slept for a few hours and now I am back up (sleeping pattern is all messed up now because I had to pull an all-nighter yesterday).

Anyway, my question is as the title of this thread suggests:

Is there a vegan version of a whipped or whipping or whippable "cream"? I know that Silk has a coffee "creamer". Has anybody ever tried whipping this to see if you can turn it into whip cream?

Any ideas or info? And please dont tell me to use silken tofu. That would make it more like a pudding instead of a whipped cream topping.

I don't know of any "ready made" but here is a recipe:

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

3/4 cup Silk vegan soymilk - vanilla

1/4 cup + 3 tablespoon Better Than Milk soy powder - vanilla

1/2 teaspoon coconut extract

1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon rice syrup

1/2 cup canola oil

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:

Blend together soy milk, milk powder, extracts, and rice syrup. Let set for 5-10 minutes to fully dissolve. Blending on high, slowly drizzle in oil then lemon juice.

Preparation time: 10 min

regular fat coconut cream and soy milk + vanilla beans... i think...i'll make some again if i remember to and post it..coconut means it's a touch sweet for me though.

You must be psychic CG as I was just discussing this with someone yesterday....

I have found 2 recipes for whipped cream that don't use silken tofu:

Coconut Whipped Cream

Ingredients:

1 can unsweetened coconut cream or coconut milk

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1/4 cup soymilk powder

2 tsp vanilla powder OR

1 tbsp vanilla sugar (if used, decrease sugar slightly)

Method:

1 Put can of coconut cream/milk in fridge for 4 hours.

2 Open can, and remove the thick part at the top. Save the rest for other uses.

3 Put thick coconut cream into a chilled metal bowl.

4 With electric beaters, beat cream until thick and fluffy.

5 Gently beat in remaining ingredients.

6 Cover bowl, and chill for at least an hour.

7 Use on fruit, cakes, pies, etc., just before serving. Store in fridge. Use as soon as possible.

Cashew Cream

Ingredients:

200g cashews

800ml apple juice

2tbs sunflower oil

icing sugar to taste

vanilla essence to taste

Method:

Bring the cashews and apple juice to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the cashews soften (five to ten minutes). Cover, and leave to cool for a couple of hours, or overnight.

Remove the softened cashews with a slotted spoon, and liquidise with the oil, and as little of the apple juice as possible, adding sugar and vanilla essence to taste.

The cream is delicious with fresh fruit salad, and as an ingredient in a wide variety of desserts.

Sorry, I haven't tried these recipes yet, but out of the 2, I'd try the cocount one first.

Edited by Crash

Wait a minute... I can get organic vegan spray-can cream? <3 omg that would be heaven in my mouth

I know someone who thinks exactly the same and eats it's directly out of the can Or on anything... baked apple with spray cream comes to my mind here - or rather, spray-can cream with apples

Wait a minute... I can get organic vegan spray-can cream? <3 omg that would be heaven in my mouth

I know someone who thinks exactly the same and eats it's directly out of the can Or on anything... baked apple with spray cream comes to my mind here - or rather, spray-can cream with apples

Wow-oh wow. I want this. So awesome. Something else I thought I would no longer have as a vegan, but no, some smart vegan has gone and made sure I can still get my fix