Way Too Easy Pasta Salad

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

strawberryriddick
Manatee

Way Too Easy Pasta Salad

#1 Postby strawberryriddick » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:50 pm

Someone on another forum asked how to make an easy, cheap pasta salad, so I threw my recipe in:

You'll Need
-Dry Pasta
-Frozen Mixed Veggies (your choice, I like the pea and carrot one, but something with bell peppers would be great as well)
-Italian Dressing of your choice

Make It
Boil pasta according to the directions. When pasta is 2 minutes shy of being done, add the frozen veggies. Drain in a colander, add dressing to taste, and cool. Add dressing before it cools to make it easier to mix by preventing the pasta from sticking together.

Depending on the pasta you get, this will cost very little. You can get 2lbs of pasta for about $2, 1lb of mixed veggies for $1-2, and you can find Italian dressing at a damn dollar store :)
"Society places too great a gap between its warriors and philosophers." -Unknown

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

Re: Way Too Easy Pasta Salad

#2 Postby beforewisdom » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Cool post. That is something easy to remember that you can throw together fast with one trip to any halfway decent grocery store.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Aaron
Elephant

#3 Postby Aaron » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:19 pm

Nice. I like fast, cheap, and easy : )

strawberryriddick
Manatee

#4 Postby strawberryriddick » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:49 am

Aaron wrote:Nice. I like fast, cheap, and easy : )

Like your mom.

Sorry, I couldn't resist making a stupid middle-school joke :)

Yes, this would have to be a very fast, cheap, and easy thing to make for sure. The great thing is that most people don't include meat in their pasta salads (some like to put tuna, but most don't), so it's great to make for buffet-style meals, like if you have a potluck at work. That way, all your omni co-workers are familiar with what the hell it is and they don't need to ask if there's tofu in it (but one always will). You can add a can of olives to make it more fun.
"Society places too great a gap between its warriors and philosophers." -Unknown

HCPinGviini
Gorilla

#5 Postby HCPinGviini » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:04 pm

I should really do a pasta salad right now. We Finnish are lucky as there's this "protein pasta", which is high in protein (part of the flour has been replaced by adding wheat gluten), so even pasta salad with no legumes can be high in protein too.

I usually add to my pasta salad whatever fresh veggies I have in my fridge at the time, olive oil, winegar and pepper. Perfect!

beforewisdom
Stegosaurus

#6 Postby beforewisdom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:09 pm

In the U.S., in natural food stores you can usually find pasta made in part with lentil flour. Now you can even find that and some breads made in part with soy flour thanks to the low carb craze.

You can just be wild and crazy by adding some cold beans, tofu chunks to your pasta salad :)

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Theresaann
Rabbit

#7 Postby Theresaann » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:02 am

thanks for posting this! That is so easy-I really appreciate that!

I was thinking of adding beans or tofu/tempeh, etc, to up the protein...or even seeds. Yum!

Return to “Vegan Recipes”