Low Calorie Low Carb Yummy Mint Chocolate Pudding

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

dropSoul
Manatee

Low Calorie Low Carb Yummy Mint Chocolate Pudding

#1 Postby dropSoul » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Ingredients:

2 - 12.3 oz EXTRA Firm Mori-Nu Silken Tofu (drained)
2 1/4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (very slightly rounded)
10 - 1 g packets of Stevia
2-3 Tablespoons Turbinado (level)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 level Teaspoon Decaf Instant Coffee (for a little of that dark chocolate feeling, without the dry, bitter taste of adding more cocoa)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/2 teaspoon mint extract (optional)

Mix smooth in a food processor. Chill and enjoy.

Don't add more of anything until you taste it to your liking, then adjust the numbers below to reflect what you've done.

Comparing a 4 oz serving next to Zen Soy pudding:

Zen Soy: 3 g protein, 27 net carbs, 120 calories

This recipe: 9 g protein, 9 carbs, 68 calories (double for 8 oz). Yields a total of 6 - 4 oz servings.

And you wouldn't know it's diet food! Don't ruin it with protein powder. Occasional treats, if you've been formally a treataholic (hi there), help a person not "feel" deprived.

It's interesting, after eating a high carb meal, I personally get hungrier sooner, but this does not make me crave anything. I also believe that when you make your own food, some satisfaction comes through the process which makes me, personally, relish it more with less. That's a new way of thinking, I used to chow down. But I also eat with smaller spoons and eat slower and more aware. I literally say to myself, "Hey body, you are currently eating, be grateful, notice this bite. Pay attention."

Return to “Vegan Recipes”