PB2

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

PB2

#1 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried it...it's that powdered peanut butter. I ordered some...reason being that I can't have the real deal in my house...peanut butter, almond butter, all nut butters (eh that sounds funny), cashews, almonds, etc...are currently banned from my house...I can't control myself with any of it...way over do it, go over my calories, fat, etc...

I usually cut up and apple, nuke it with some almond butter...dear God is it good....anyway.

This stuff is lower in calories and I thought maybe I can still get my fix when need be...just wondering if anyone has tried it.

User avatar
GinaKina
Rabbit
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:11 am

Re: PB2

#2 Postby GinaKina » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:02 pm

I haven't tried it...but I have the same problem with nut butters. I actually make my own instead, and for some reason it makes me control myself.

blabbate
Gorilla
Posts: 807
Age: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:58 am

Re: PB2

#3 Postby blabbate » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Yup, we use a ton of it. My gf likes cold, cut apples with it. They also make a chocolate version. :)
--
Bruce

User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#4 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:36 pm

GinaKina wrote:I haven't tried it...but I have the same problem with nut butters. I actually make my own instead, and for some reason it makes me control myself.


How do you make them?

User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#5 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:37 pm

blabbate wrote:Yup, we use a ton of it. My gf likes cold, cut apples with it. They also make a chocolate version. :)


Yeah I ordered both!! :D I haven't heard anything bad about them....and I've had that Better n'Peanut butter or whatever it's called and I like it but it's high in carbs and full of artificial stuff

User avatar
Tasha
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3395
Age: 38
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: PB2

#6 Postby Tasha » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:35 pm

hryan77 wrote:
GinaKina wrote:I haven't tried it...but I have the same problem with nut butters. I actually make my own instead, and for some reason it makes me control myself.


How do you make them?



HR, this is my favorite site for any raw recipes you want to make

http://www.goneraw.com

Here's the recipe for raw nut butters. The equipment you need is a dehydrator, and either a food processor or a blender. And the prep time may take up to 24 hrs.

http://goneraw.com/node/8887

I think the nut powder is lower in calories and fat because there's no oils added.
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#7 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Tasha wrote:
hryan77 wrote:
GinaKina wrote:I haven't tried it...but I have the same problem with nut butters. I actually make my own instead, and for some reason it makes me control myself.


How do you make them?



HR, this is my favorite site for any raw recipes you want to make

http://www.goneraw.com

Here's the recipe for raw nut butters. The equipment you need is a dehydrator, and either a food processor or a blender. And the prep time may take up to 24 hrs.

http://goneraw.com/node/8887

I think the nut powder is lower in calories and fat because there's no oils added.


bummer I don't have a dehydrator!!! :(

User avatar
Tasha
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3395
Age: 38
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: PB2

#8 Postby Tasha » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 pm

I think an alternate is you can use your stove ?
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

User avatar
Octopussoir
Elephant
Posts: 1677
Age: 34
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:08 pm
Location: Hsv, AL

Re: PB2

#9 Postby Octopussoir » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:59 pm

PB2 is from BellPlantations in Georgia. Its supposed to be 70% less fat than regular peanutbutter. Its awesome in baking recipes and easier for shakes than regular pb without all the damn fat.
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

HCPinGviini
Gorilla
Posts: 674
Age: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Finland

Re: PB2

#10 Postby HCPinGviini » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm


User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#11 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks everyone!!!

User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#12 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Tasha wrote:
hryan77 wrote:
GinaKina wrote:I haven't tried it...but I have the same problem with nut butters. I actually make my own instead, and for some reason it makes me control myself.


How do you make them?



HR, this is my favorite site for any raw recipes you want to make

http://www.goneraw.com

Here's the recipe for raw nut butters. The equipment you need is a dehydrator, and either a food processor or a blender. And the prep time may take up to 24 hrs.

http://goneraw.com/node/8887

I think the nut powder is lower in calories and fat because there's no oils added.



That site is great by the way...the cinnamon roll recipe looks great...

User avatar
thendanisays
Gorilla
Posts: 505
Age: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:56 am
Location: PDX
Contact:

Re: PB2

#13 Postby thendanisays » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:45 am

oh. my. god.

there is a heaven and it is full of low fat peanut butter.....i will be ordering this STAT.
the beginning is always today.

User avatar
Tasha
Stegosaurus
Posts: 3395
Age: 38
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 3:25 pm
Contact:

Re: PB2

#14 Postby Tasha » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:58 am

thendanisays wrote:oh. my. god.

there is a heaven and it is full of low fat peanut butter.....i will be ordering this STAT.



:lachmal:
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

User avatar
hryan77
Rabbit
Posts: 125
Age: 39
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:40 am
Location: Dearborn, MI

Re: PB2

#15 Postby hryan77 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:11 pm

so mine finally arrived...it's ok...def different than the real deal but it does the job...then again so did the 3 or 4 servings of almonds I had last night :?
it's official they are BANNED from my house!


Return to “Vegan Recipes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest