No added fat hummus - that rocks!

dropSoul

It might be the added nutritional yeast, but this hummus is REALLY yummy. My daughter eats is like mashed potatoes and it does have a comfort food feeling.

I make a lot of stuff at once, feel free to 1/2 this:

1 lb. Chick peas -

Soak and cook according to directions.

In brief: Soak 6-8 hours in 6-8 cups of water. Rinse/drain. Add another 6-8 cups of water and bring to boil, covered. Then skew the lid and simmer for 2 hours. I cook it longer to make it softer than usual.

Right after it's cooked, get your large food processor out. A blender really won't do it for you.

Drain, don't rinse. Load all the beans and add 1/4-1/2 cup of water. Start blending. Stir. Add another 1/8 cup water and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.

Blend.

Add 3-4 tablespoons of Nutritional yeast and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (1/8 teaspoon of powder equals one medium clove).

1 teaspoon of salt or veggie salt (that's the no sodium salt)

1 teaspoon onion powder

Another 1/4-1/2 cups water (to smoothness and taste preferences, more if you want it).

Blend.

Taste it. (To add more bite, try 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice and/or 1/8 teaspoon of garlic.)

Blend and stir and blend and stir. (Hopefully your food processor turns off automatically when the lid is untwisted.)

It will be smooth and creamy. No need for oil or tahini.

• 4 weeks later...