Creamy Low Carb, Low Cal, Low Fat Dressing + Tasty Kale

dropSoul

Not a Raw Recipe (except for the greens):

Okay. I thought I'd share a way to down a ton of kale without any yuck at all.

Put the kale in a food processor and pulse it until it's right before slaw. This releases the natural sugars.

Then take carrots and process them until very small, this is a sweet veggie and cuts the bitterness of the kale even more.

Then add other veggies to your salad. You won't know there's kale in there at all.

The key to eating loads of greens, for me, is tasty dressings. But when it's tasty it's usually filled with oil and sugar.

Here's a dressing based on Silken tofu. I've listed the measurements in a range between two numbers because I believe in starting with the least amount and building up taste. Also, you want stronger garlic in a dressing or dip because the vegetables will dilute the taste.

Ingredients:

1 package of Mori Nu 12.3 oz Extra Firm Silken Tofu

1/4 cup cold water

1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt (or omit and sprinkle on salad directly)

2 to 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I use braggs brand)

1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/3 to 1/4 CUP nutritional yeast

2-3 teaspoons of garlic powder (1/8 of teaspoon is a clove of fresh)

1-2 teaspoons onion powder

1/2 to 1 teaspoons dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Directions:

Blend the tofu and water till smooth and add the smallest number in the ingredients. Blend again. Taste. Then add more as you like. It's good to make it stronger because it's going to be mixed in with salad. That's why all dressings and dips are stronger on the salt and garlic, etc.

Use right away or chill to thicken it up a bit.

This stuff is super creamy and I used it as a spread and a sauce recently. Nice for dunking veggie snacks. Cucumbers make great "crackers".

Here's the low down on the Mori Nu Extra Firm Silken Tofu:

12.3 oz

You really only need a tablespoon on your medium salad and a couple on a large one.

There's 0.5 oz. per tablespoon (I'm math lazy right now).

400 calories (50 cal. per 3 oz)

Fat 10 g (2.5 per 3 oz.)

Cholesterol (none, duh)

Sodium 120mg (30 per 3 oz)

Carbs 8g (2g per 3 oz)

Protein 24g (6 per 3oz.)

Nutritional Yeast (red star T6635+ Vegetarian Support Formula, Now brand, Kal) all contain active b12. They also have about (whatever a scoop is) 8 g of protein per two tablespoons and about 45 cal. of that 5 cal from fat. 5 carbs. 4 fiber - net carbs 1.

As you can see this dressing is the lowest carb/sugar, fat, and contains nothing fructose, msg, etc.,

THE BIGGEST THING ABOUT THIS SALAD

My daughter who loves broccolli, doesn't really like salads. She ate a whole bowl nearly clean. It was HIGHLY unusual.