Sauteed Okra with Sundried Tomatoes and Shallots

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

Sauteed Okra with Sundried Tomatoes and Shallots

#1 Postby compassionategirl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:21 pm

I made this today for lunch. All i could say is damn I'm good. if I had a camera I would have posted a pic of this masterpeice.

Just in case anybody is interested, did you know that okra is low in calories and high in protein for a vegetable?

100 grams of okra has about 35 calories, 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of protein, and less than half a gram of fat. That is a good carb to proten ratio for a veggie.

I LOVE okra these days. I always go through these phases where I cant get enough of something, but then I get sick of it and need to miss it for a while before I want to eat it again.

Like right now, I am sick of celery root. :shock:
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

CrispyQ
Gorilla

#2 Postby CrispyQ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:32 pm

So what happened to the camera you got for Christmas?

I would have loved to seen a photo of malfunctioning potatoes! :wink:
Slavery is the fiction that people are objects; corporate personhood is the fiction that corporations are people. www.http://reclaimdemocracy.org/personhood/

compassionategirl
Stegosaurus

#3 Postby compassionategirl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Camera was a lemon. At first I thought it was just me and I couldnt figure out how to use it, but it isnt me. camera is a lemon.

got to exchange it soon. cant wait to post pics of food when I do!
People reviled today for their activism will be tomorrow's angels, and people respected today for their power will be tomorrow's demons. History will absolve us and condemn them. ~ Paul Watson

Tarz
Elephant

#4 Postby Tarz » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:09 pm

compassionategirl wrote:Camera was a lemon. At first I thought it was just me and I couldnt figure out how to use it, but it isnt me. camera is a lemon.

got to exchange it soon. cant wait to post pics of food when I do!

January 29th nears ever closer........
Davey's favourite tipple was "Blow My Skull", a cocktail he served in half-pint glasses consisting of rum, brandy, gin, port, Madeira, sherry and claret.

Return to “Vegan Recipes”