Vegan Ice-cream

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

cuBuwu
Rabbit

Vegan Ice-cream

#1 Postby cuBuwu » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:46 am

This is really nice! Made of frozen and non-frozen fruit and nuts..and the combination of pineapple and nuts is obviously very cool for any vegan bodybuilders! I made a vid of this recipie for youtube, check it out .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdtnrc4 ... annel_page
Last edited by cuBuwu on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sosso
Elephant

Re: Vegan Ice-cream

#2 Postby sosso » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:06 am

Thank you! Your recipes are great. I really enjoy the way you make the videos too. I feel very relaxed after watching them.

MollyMormon
Rabbit

#3 Postby MollyMormon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm

I love you.

I'm Your Man
Elephant

#4 Postby I'm Your Man » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Good choice of music! rated 5 stars and subscribed :)
"Do your best, don't worry, be happy" - Meher Baba

tommybricks
Manatee

#5 Postby tommybricks » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 pm

where did the video go?
They have a lot of love for every living creature
The smile of a dolphin is a built in feature
They be movin in schools but everyones the teacher
Someday mister dolphin, I know Im gon to meet you

cuBuwu
Rabbit

#6 Postby cuBuwu » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:08 pm

cuBuwu wrote:This is really nice! Made of frozen and non-frozen fruit and nuts..and the combination of pineapple and nuts is obviously very cool for any vegan bodybuilders! I made a vid of this recipie for youtube, check it out . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7mwvJk ... annel_page

Ufff! They closed my channel..yet again! I had lots of agro animal rights videos you see and people complain :-(

Anyway, this is the new link..plan to upload some new stuff soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdtnrc4 ... annel_page

tommybricks
Manatee

#7 Postby tommybricks » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 pm

awesome, thanks for the link. That is a great video.

What is the "L" for in the anarchy sign?

Chaohinon
Rabbit

#8 Postby Chaohinon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:09 pm

I'd assume it's related to the Alliance of the Libertarian Left, correct me if I'm wrong
"The ordinary man with extraordinary power is the chief danger for mankind; not the fiend or the sadist." - Erich Fromm

cuBuwu
Rabbit

#9 Postby cuBuwu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 am

What is the "L" for in the anarchy sign?[/quote]

Its based on the classic sign for the ALF (Animal liberation Front), but it is the sign for the group I started here in Cordoba, Spain..so the letters actually represent "Frente de Liberacion Animal Cordoba"..I love the ALF!!
The dedication at the end of all my videos is for a childhood friend and fellow vegan activist, Jonny Ablewhite. He is presently serving 12 years in prision for "blackmail"!! Poor guy didn't do anything much and the government made and example out of him..anyway, nice to know that at least he's using his prision time wisely to finish his masters and get strong and muscular on all that pea-protein he gets sent!

tommybricks
Manatee

#10 Postby tommybricks » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:28 pm

word.

NYVegan
Rabbit

#11 Postby NYVegan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Ooooo awesome. Any other fruit combinations that you know work well?

cuBuwu
Rabbit

#12 Postby cuBuwu » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:57 am

NYVegan wrote:Ooooo awesome. Any other fruit combinations that you know work well?

Ohh, well I haven't tried many combinations as I love this one so much!!! I tried cherries with black chocloate, this was my daughters favorite! I also made one with mandarin oranges..but fresh mandarines didn't work so I used to tinned ones and drained them well on kitchen towls before I started. Obviously, the classic bananas work well with just about anything, but I'm not a big fan of bananas :-(. Some fruits really dont work, like strawberries and kiwis, but beyond this you'll have to experiment. Take care however, if your blender is not really powerful you should let it defrost a bit first and serve it in frozen bowls or glasses to keep it from turning to liquid too quickly. I killed the motor on two blenders making ice-cream in this way, but I finally splashed out for a really good one and it was def worth the money.
Let me know if you discover any other good combuinations..also let me know if you try something and it doesn't work so I can cross it off the list of possible ice-cream ingredients!
Oh, just another small note, my m8 said that his freezer takes at least 5 hours to freeze the pineapple (not 2-3 as said in the video) so just be careful to make sure it is propeerly frozen ;-)

NYVegan
Rabbit

#13 Postby NYVegan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Ok cool thanks! I think I may try pineapplle but I'm not a big cherry fan so I may use something else. What kind of a blender do u have?

cuBuwu
Rabbit

#14 Postby cuBuwu » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 am

NYVegan wrote:Ok cool thanks! I think I may try pineapplle but I'm not a big cherry fan so I may use something else. What kind of a blender do u have?

I'm not a fan of pineapple either..but it really doesn't taste of pineapple like this, especially if you use the tinned stuff (in juice not syrup). It tastes more like vanilla, seriously. Its just that pineapple also gives the best texture, one that you probably won't achieve using another fruit as a base, except perhaps banana.
My Blender?¿ Its till only a stick blender, but a top of the range one. Its phillips, not one of the most popular makes for blenders i know, but I was so pissed off with my blenders only lasting a couple of months that I thought I'd try something different..and believe me, as someone who regularly purees nuts, seeds and frozen fruit, and has additionally probably tried and owned more than a dozen of the things, this is the BEST one I've ever had!! You feel like you are using a powerful drill with some strange attachment and not a blender!! :lol:
Well let me know if you try any other fruit and how it turns out. People often ask me the same question but I have to say, I'm so taken with this ice-cream as it is that I haven't tried varying it much (except adding protein powder! hahha). So please, if you do try other fruit let me know how they work, even if they are a disaster. Then at least I can pass your comments and recommendations onto others!
Vegan love :)

apple
Rabbit

#15 Postby apple » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:29 am

This looks incredible!!! I have a tub of store bought vegan ice cream, it's soo expensive (and not even that great). I'm really excited to try this!! Thank you!!

PS LOVE the music.

Return to “Vegan Recipes”