Vegan Prawns

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

strawberryriddick
Manatee

Vegan Prawns

#1 Postby strawberryriddick » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:06 pm

I don't know if this is the section for it, but I found these vegan king prawns.

They're made with: curdlan gum, veggie gum, veggie root starch, paprika, water, brown sugar, sea salt, and veggie seasoning.

I don't really do meat replacements but I figured I'd give it a shot since, well, I can report back to you guys. I was scared that it would really taste like shrimp (since they really look like it) and gross me out, but they were pleasant and slightly sweet, that's about it. Very fresh taste. I put them in pad thai and it added a nice texture.
"Society places too great a gap between its warriors and philosophers." -Unknown

Attila
Manatee

Re: Vegan Prawns

#2 Postby Attila » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:46 am

Yeah, I've had these too. I am kind of suspicious when it comes to non organic fakemeat so I don't eat them anymore.

home fitness gyms
Finch

#3 Postby home fitness gyms » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:36 pm

I have had these prepackaged meat substitute products also. Cant say I care for them much. They have a funny taste to them...with the exception of the tofurkey products I do think they are alright in sandwiches. There are good recipes for hamburger patties, but you make them yourself and they are pretty good.

chrisjs
Elephant

#4 Postby chrisjs » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Neato. I've had really good and really bad veggie prawns, glad these turned out ok for you. :) They're really good fried with a salt and pepper batter.

Return to “Vegan Recipes”