Protein bars. which one!

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

cathalie
Rabbit

Protein bars. which one!

#1 Postby cathalie » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:12 pm

well so far i have tried vega, larabar, and cliff. For the cliff ones i checked the ingrediants throughly. i cant find one that has alot of protein and that doesnt have alot of trans fat. do you guys know any good recipes? or perhaps good protein bars?
Our life's a stage, a comedy: either learn to play and take it lightly, or bear its troubles patiently.
-Palladas

cathalie :) 20 pounds to gooo!

Octopussoir
Elephant

Re: Protein bars. which one!

#2 Postby Octopussoir » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:36 pm

Try ProBars. Clif has too much sugar. Stay away from them(Clif) IMO.
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

#3 Postby Fallen_Horse » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:35 am

Octopussoir wrote:Try ProBars. Clif has too much sugar. Stay away from them(Clif) IMO.

Well when I can get ProBars for $1 each then I will consider switching. Until then, Luna all the way!
Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

Aaron
Elephant

#4 Postby Aaron » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am

I enjoy the clif builder bars.

Sorry octo :-P

-a

blabbate
Gorilla

#5 Postby blabbate » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:50 am

I'm with FH. Definitely Luna bars. It's not like ProBars are exactly low-sugar themselves, and they're crazy expensive.
--
Bruce

Octopussoir
Elephant

#6 Postby Octopussoir » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 am

blabbate wrote:I'm with FH. Definitely Luna bars. It's not like ProBars are exactly low-sugar themselves, and they're crazy expensive.

They are expensive, but do you want to tell people you have a cheap body? It almost like saying Ezekial bread costs too much so im gonna go for the $1.00 loaf of bread. There's no way I could eat a luna bar and be full like I can with a ProBar. Plus I look at ingredients... Ill pay extra for extra goodness and healthiness.
robert cheeke wrote:life's too short to not get SWOL!

blabbate
Gorilla

#7 Postby blabbate » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:38 am

Octopussoir wrote:
blabbate wrote:I'm with FH. Definitely Luna bars. It's not like ProBars are exactly low-sugar themselves, and they're crazy expensive.

They are expensive, but do you want to tell people you have a cheap body?

I want to tell people that I'm not broke. I'm all for spending money for health, but there's a limit.

Octopussoir wrote:There's no way I could eat a luna bar and be full like I can with a ProBar. Plus I look at ingredients... Ill pay extra for extra goodness and healthiness.

Well, when it's $3 for 85g, 370kcal, 18g fat (5g sat), 6g fiber, 23g sugar, 9g protein vs. $2 for 96g, 360kcal, 10g fat (5g sat), 6g fiber, 24g sugar, 20g protein, I'll sacrifice and take the bar that's only 70% organic, 100% non-GMO. If you have the liquidity to go for the premium, I don't blame you. But for those of us who are watching our budgets, or who want to trade some fat for some protein, I'll stick with the Lunas.
--
Bruce

Tasha
Stegosaurus

#8 Postby Tasha » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Octopussoir wrote:

They are expensive, but do you want to tell people you have a cheap body? It almost like saying Ezekial bread costs too much so im gonna go for the $1.00 loaf of bread. There's no way I could eat a luna bar and be full like I can with a ProBar. Plus I look at ingredients... Ill pay extra for extra goodness and healthiness.

Dude, Pro B's are so good. They'll get you ripped !
Guarantee six pack.. (BVP663) ;)
Robert wrote:
My knee muscles look totally sweet where I'm holding my weiner.

Yotie4109l
Finch

Though the most sincere love

#9 Postby Yotie4109l » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:29 pm

Downstairs, the doctor left three different medicines in different colored capsules with instructions for giving them dvd copy. One was to bring down the fever, another a purgative, dvd copy, the third to overcome an acid condition. The germs of influenza can only exist in an acid condition dvd ripper, he explained dvd burner. He seemed to know all about influenza and said there was nothing to worry about if the fever did not go above one hundred and four degrees dvd copy. This was a light epidemic of flu and there was no danger if you avoided pneumonia .

Socrates
Rabbit

#10 Postby Socrates » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:30 am

Octopussoir wrote:Try ProBars. Clif has too much sugar. Stay away from them(Clif) IMO.

From what brand it's ProBar?
I would trade all my technology for an afternoon with Socrates.

chrisjs
Elephant

#11 Postby chrisjs » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 am

I second Clif Builder's.

threeloaves
Manatee

#12 Postby threeloaves » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 pm

How about organic food bars? Still pricey, but less expensive than pro bars. Trader Joe's sells them here for 1.99.

The price of the pro bars has kept me from trying them. Maybe I'm cheap, but I could whip up a giant batch of spicy lentils for the price of 1 bar. From what I've heard they seem great. I'm also weary of the nutrition facts.

For the time being I'll stick to larabars, and organic food bars.

Aaron
Elephant

#13 Postby Aaron » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:16 am

chrisjs wrote:I second Clif Builder's.

Good man.

Return to “Vegan Recipes”