I just posted this on my blog
and thought someone here might find it useful.TVP Meatloaf:
(adapted from here
-2 c. water
-1/2 c. ketchup
-2 tbsp. tamari
-2 c. unconstituted TVP
-1/2 c. oats
-1/4 c. ground flax
-1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
-3 tsp. garlic powder
-2 tsp. onion powder
-1/3 c. bbq sauce (whichever one is your favourite)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix water, ketchup, and tamari. Add TVP and let sit 10 minutes.
3. Add in oats, flax, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix.
4. On a cooking sheet, form the mixture into a loaf. Trust me, this ends up with a nice outer crust that you don't get with a loaf pan. Bake 30 minutes.
5. Spread bbq sauce over top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
6. If desired, broil for 3-5 minutes to crisp up top.
If you were to use the exact ingredients I did, it would come in at 374 calories, 5.2 g fat, 47.8 g carbohydrates, and 33.9 g protein per serving.