VBBs official Dressing recipe thread!

xjohanx

Dressings can make or break a meal/salad and they are an excellent way of making healthy foods taste a lot better. What dressings do you love/like and what do you have them on?

I love a 3-2-1 dressing I found on the Mcdougall forum.

3 parts balsamic vinegar

2 parts brown/yellow mustard

1 part maple syrup (really any syrup will do)

Stir untill smooth. Usually I have this on a white beans, onions and chopped tomatoes. You can add salt if you want to, also various green spices is nice, like rosemary.

What dressings do you like?

I like to make a lot of mine with some nuts or seeds blended with a little vinegar and tomato paste, with a little water to thin it. Throw in a clove of crushed garlic or some onion powder for a little extra flavor. Yum. I also like to use fruit flavored vinegars, blended with some nuts and seeds, and possible some water, depending on the acidity of the vinegar.

I have actually tried that recipe you listed before. It is good. I used to make a large batch of a modified version, where I added some xanthan gum to thicken it.

One of my favorites (I don't really follow recipes for the most part, so these are estimates):

Half a huge orange or one whole average/small one

1-2T cashews (any nut or seed works, really)

Optional: A splash of vanilla

Blend the shit out of everything, starting with the orange. You can also add in some frozen strawberries or banana.

One of my favourites is mixing together some peanut butter, a bit of miso, some sriracha hot sauce, and a tiny bit of agave. I don't measure, I just kind of taste it and adjust as I go along.

Lately I've been eating dressing with prepared mustard, rice vinegar, and a bit of agave...kind of like "honey mustard"...you can add some olive oil in if you want as well. Whether or not I do depends on how much fat I want to be eating.

• 1 year later...

Mmm, not sure that it's a dressing as such, but I put it with pretty much every damn thing:

Small amount of soy sauce

plenty tomato puree

plenty sweet thai chilli sauce

black pepper

Nutritional Yeast Flakes

splash of Cider Vinegar

A bit of water to make the whole thing a bit thinner (not much)

Sometimes put a pinch of chili powder

I guess it's almost like a smooth salsa, but I put it on vegetables, with pasta, TVP, curries, or just have it as a dip for anything else, works hot or cold

Mmm, not sure that it's a dressing as such, but I put it with pretty much every damn thing:

Small amount of soy sauce

plenty tomato puree

plenty sweet thai chilli sauce

black pepper

Nutritional Yeast Flakes

splash of Cider Vinegar

A bit of water to make the whole thing a bit thinner (not much)

Sometimes put a pinch of chili powder

I guess it's almost like a smooth salsa, but I put it on vegetables, with pasta, TVP, curries, or just have it as a dip for anything else, works hot or cold

I'm gonna be honest, this sounds disturbing.