Homemade "LaraBars"

mtguy1976

Anyone try these http://www.larabar.com/ they are so good, but can get pricey. I looked at the ingredients on the back (one bar had only 2 ingredients dates and cashew while another had maybe 5-6 ingredients) and figured I could make these. A lot easier then I thought.

2.5 oz of dates (minus the pits)

1-1.5 oz of nuts (whatever type you like)

Thats their basic ingredient bar and it makes about 2 bars. Use different nuts, when I've made them before I've done only peanuts and dates (tastes like a PB cookie); dates and cahsews; dates and walnuts; dates and mixed nuts

I also played around last night and made their "cinimon roll bar" with just using the dates, cashews, peanuts and some cinimon. Real fast, cheap and tastes great.

Yeah dates and nuts are great to make bars. You can also add oats and protein powder. Try to roast some oats in a non-stick pan, mix it with the dates/nuts and add ginger bread pice mix

Thanks never thought of doing adding the protein powder or oats. Also forgot to add, with the date and nuts throw in a food processor and blend.

Yes protein powder is great to add. I plan on making many home-made vegan protein bars when I get my vegan protein powders. I am getting 3 lbs of organic hemp protein, 2 lbs of rice protein, 3 lbs of wheat protein isolate, 2 lbs of Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer, and thats it for the protein powders. I'm going make alooooot of protein bars, smoothies, and shakes. I will be working out alot to make up for all of the protein intake.