Healthy Recipe Thread (Fuhrman-ish)

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Fallen_Horse
Elephant

Re: Healthy Recipe Thread (Fuhrman-ish)

#16 Postby Fallen_Horse » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Protein Spinach Smoothie
I know the name sounds terrible, but it's good!

1 medium banana
4oz blueberries
2oz spinach
1oz protein powder (I used unflavored soy)
1 cup soy milk
Ice and water, whatever your preference

Learning how to be compassionate, gain wisdom, and love life.

pazios2002
Elephant

#17 Postby pazios2002 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

made the black bean brownies for diseaseproof.com. Next time probably will be using banana and raisan instead of applesauce to sweeten the brownies.

Black Bean Brownies

½ cup dark cocoa powder

2 t. vanilla

1 t. baking soda

1 (15 oz.) can of salt-free black beans (drain liquid)

1 large handful of sunflower seeds or 1 T. ground flaxseed

1 ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce

2 cups pitted dates (chopped)

¾ cup whole wheat flour

1 cup walnuts

Put the first six ingredients in a food processor. Turn it on and then gradually add the 2 cups of chopped dates, a few at a time until blended. Add the flour and continue to mix until everything is well blended. Turn off the machine, remove the blade, and stir in the nuts. Spread into a 13” x 9” pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
If I am "the man", then where is "the woman"?

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

#18 Postby lobsteriffic » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:00 pm

What was the texture like? I've made black bean brownies before, but they turned out like mush. The recipe was different though, it didn't have the dates.

pazios2002
Elephant

#19 Postby pazios2002 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 pm

lobsteriffic wrote:What was the texture like? I've made black bean brownies before, but they turned out like mush. The recipe was different though, it didn't have the dates.

they are thick and solid. Not flaky nor wet but thick or perhaps dense and substantial. I thought that they would be mushy to as a had to use the vitamix because my food processor was too small. So i had to dump it into the beast and add water. It thickens quickly and I was also having to make the wheat flour as I had forgotten to do it earlier (i always make the flour in my vitamix) so I had the wheat berries in with the mix. I also used two delicious apples instead of apple sauce, as I usually make that in the vitamix also. LOL But in the end it turned out quite well. Not sweet enough but good. Like I said I will try it with bananas and raisins next instead of the applesauce. I also should say that I used a convection oven not a radiant one. That may have drown some of the moisture out. I should also say that I do not have the imput of a woman who are better at judging the taste of chocolate. But they taste chocolate to me.
If I am "the man", then where is "the woman"?

Return to “Vegan Recipes”