Veggie Loaf Help

VirgoKitten

Has anyone tried frozen veggie loaf made by Amy's? It also has a gravy on it. It's sooooooo good. I tried making veggie loaf a few times but mine always comes out so bland. I don't mind buying frozen but I would prefer to make my own. I want one to taste as good as that one does.

I'm wondering if anyone has some really tasty veggie loaf recipies with a gravy?

Thanks for any information

Sorry VirgoKitty, i have no tasty veggie loaf recipes, but you must check out this site for awesome recipes with pics.

Just click on Englihs, the scroll down and feast your eyes!!!

http://www.attilahildmann.com

if anybody ever asks "What do vegans eat?" Well, this should answer there question and make' em drool as well, as Lezly stated.

Here's my lentil loaf recipe. It's a bit more work than lots of other similar recipes, but it's very good.

Lentil Loaf

1½ cups cooked lentils

Mixture 1

16 oz Gimme Lean, either flavor (fake ground round -- don't cook, don't fry, just use out of the package.)

1 onion, diced fine

2 stalks celery, diced fine

1/2 cup shredded carrot

2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed

1 cup dry bread crumbs

Mixture 2

2 egg replacement (I use Ener-G)

1/4 cup tomato paste (I use half of a 6 oz can)

1/2 cup nut butter or tahini

1 Tbls veggie Worcestershire

1 Tbls olive oil

1 tsp dry mustard

1/2 tsp salt

Option Mixture 3

OPTIONAL TOPPING

1/2 can of tomato paste (the remaining ½ can of tomato paste from above)

1/8 cup molasses

1/8 cup Dijon

2 tsp veggie Worcestershire sauce Assembly:

Combine all of Mixture 1 in a large bowl. Mush together -- best with hands. Add Mixture 2 & mix well, again, best with your hands. Add the cooked lentils - & fold in gently! Press into a loaf pan. Spoon the Optional Topping (Mixture 3) onto top of loaf.

Bake, covered w/foil at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Uncover & bake 15 mins more till top begins to brown. (I stick a knife in it to make sure it's not soggy in the middle.)

This is a lot of work, but very good. Serve with traditional potatoes & gravy type dinner, or as “meat loaf” sandwiches. One friend wrote & told me she mixed a couple of slices into pasta sauce -- she broke them apart with a fork & said it was delish.

There is a nut loaf recipe (vegetarian) that I made vegan and used to eat a lot (maybe I'll make it again, it's really good, IMO).:

"Vegetable Nut Roast"

(Preheat oven to 325 degrees)

Combine in bowl:

1 cup grated carrots

1 smalll onion, finely chopped

1/2 cup celery, diced

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts

2 tbsp melted margarine

1 Tbsp tomato juice

1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs

about 1 Tbsp peanut butter thinned with a bit of water (my sub for 1 beaten egg, because it's used for sticking the loaf together, not for making it rise).

Place in lightly oiled loaf pan and bake 45 minutes

You can also add 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms, or replace the carrots with 1 cup leftover veggies.

The Country Life Natural Foods cookbook has some good nut/veggie loaf recipes, and "gravy' recipes as well.