Meal replacement bars

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

kanetuck
Finch

Meal replacement bars

#1 Postby kanetuck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:59 am

I am so bad about fixing meals.I would love to get recipies on replacement meal bars.I have them but there not vegan.I am trying to remove all milk products from my diet.Thanks for the help.

Adena
Gorilla

Re: Meal replacement bars

#2 Postby Adena » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 pm

There are pre-made vegan meal replacement bars and protein bars that you can usually find just about anywhere, like Clif bars and Luna bars. (I think those are all vegan.)

If you just need to replace milk in your recipes, you could try soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, or hemp milk. Usually I find that soy milk works best in baking recipes, though. If you need to replace butter, use Earth Balance, if you can find it. Also, you could try canola oil.

kanetuck
Finch

#3 Postby kanetuck » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks for the info.I usually find heath bars meal replacement bars soo over priced.I hate coconut milk.Love soy.That was the reason i asked.Vegan is expensive and people are using us to drive up there prices.I am frugal human by nature.So i try to find short cuts where ever i can.Again thanks.

strawberryriddick
Manatee

#4 Postby strawberryriddick » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Adena wrote:There are pre-made vegan meal replacement bars and protein bars that you can usually find just about anywhere, like Clif bars and Luna bars. (I think those are all vegan.)

To my knowledge, the Clif bars are all vegan, but a type of Luna bar is not. They came out with a protein bar and it's not vegan. Their regular Luna bars and I believe their Luna cookies are vegan-friendly.

I also like Vega.
"Society places too great a gap between its warriors and philosophers." -Unknown

Nathan Nearing
Manatee

#5 Postby Nathan Nearing » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:46 pm

strawberryriddick wrote:To my knowledge, the Clif bars are all vegan, but a type of Luna bar is not. They came out with a protein bar and it's not vegan. Their regular Luna bars and I believe their Luna cookies are vegan-friendly.

Yep, the Luna Protein product contains whey. Also their Luna Recovery Smoothie contains whey. The rest of their product line is free of animal products.

As far as bars go you can't get better than ProBars, however out of financial convenience I opt for the Clif or Clif Builder bars.

strawberryriddick
Manatee

#6 Postby strawberryriddick » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 am

Nathan Nearing wrote:Yep, the Luna Protein product contains whey. Also their Luna Recovery Smoothie contains whey. The rest of their product line is free of animal products.
Oh, that reminds me. Clif makes a recovery drink, also contains whey.
"Society places too great a gap between its warriors and philosophers." -Unknown

Return to “Vegan Recipes”