Daiya Cheese

veggieprincess

By far the best Vegan cheese on the market

http://www.daiyafoods.com/

It melts pretty much upon contact and none of that yucky aftertaste most Vegan cheeses have.

A little bit adds a lot of flavor. Just add a couple tablespoons to your tofu scramble, or if you don't need to watch your fat and carbs... make a grilled cheese sandwich and I'll live vicariously through you eating it!!! YUMMMMMMM!!!

The Whole Foods and Natural Health Food Stores by me carry it. What a great find!

I LOVE Daiya but I try to use it SUPER sparingly since the nutrition facts are not as good as one would hope, but every now and then it's an AWESOME treat. I like to grate some into mac and "cheese" for optimum gooeyness.

It's pretty cool that it's soy and gluten free but yeah, outside of that there's not a lot to love nutritionally. Delicious though!

Indeed - nothing in it for nutrition... and it's not widely available in .ca, which sux...

..SK and the Maritimes are a lot alike - can't get most of the good stuff here... 5lbs is too much... if they had 2lb sizes, I'd jump on it, but............

If you decide to get 5lbs, let me know, I'll buy a couple of lbs from ya

Wegmans now carries it as well. They're a slightly upscale supermarket here in the midatlantic/northeast. (Well, actually now that I think of supermarkets I've been to elsewhere in the country, Wegmans is normal and all the other supermarkets in this area are ghetto.)

$4.99 per 8oz package of shreds, which was slightly cheaper than the Organic Horizon Cowpuss Shreds it was next to.

The cheddar is tastier than the mozzarella, but both are good. Daiya is definitely melts better and has a better texture than Vegan Gourmet... the flavor is better too I bet it you went back and tried the VG right now you'd taste a funk in it you hadn't noticed before.

mmmmmm daiya. I went (back to) raw a few weeks ago, but I've still got a bag of daiya in the freezer that I'm definitely going to dive into on a special occasion. My boyfriend was trying to steal it the other day... "Hey...since you're all raw and what not... are you gonna eat that Daiya?"

"UM HELL YES, DON'T TOUCH MAH DAIYA"

hahaha

really though it's awesome.