1 egg replacer

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2-cup old fashion rolled oats

1 scoop vanilla protein

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tbls flax meal

1/2 tbls wheat germ

Vanilla soymilk

In your bowl, smash ripe banana with your fork until it stirs well and juices release, add your egg replacer, 1/2 tsp vanilla and stir again. Put the oats in your blender and grind until flour consistency and add to the wet ingredients in the bowl, add your vanilla protein powder, your flax meal and wheat germ, stir. The mix will be thick at this point. Add just enough soymilk to make the mixture pourable. Pour 2 equal amounts of batter onto your prepared griddle, cook on one side a few minutes. Serves 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

When I get back from the gym I make pancakes and add a scoop of protein powder to the flour. I can't taste it in there, maybe coz I add mixed spice to the recipe and smother the pancakes in agave syrup and lemon juice, but it gets me my protein

The recipe I use is:

1 cup flour

1 cup soya milk

1 table spoon sugar

2 table spoons veg oil

2 table spoons baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

Plus

1 teaspoon mixed spice

1 scoop protein powder (I put this in the cup, then top the cup up with the flour)

Yum

• 1 month later...

I have a raw food recipe book that has an awesome recipe for raw pancakes. They are called Brazil nut banana pancakes. You will need a dehydrator to make them, but they come out just like real pancakes, they taste good, and they have all healthy and natural ingredients:

- 3 bananas

- 1 cup of Brazil nuts

- 1 cup of flax meal

- Cinnamon (I think it's about 1-2 teaspoons, but I use a little bit more for added flavor)

- About a cup of water

Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and turn it into a batter. Just slowly pour water in until it's a smooth batter (not too watery). Then you want to take a 1/4 cup measure and scoop the batter out and pour it onto either parchment paper or some teflex lined dehydrator sheets. Spread it out into a pancake shape, then put them in the dehydrator for 5-6 hours, flip them, and dehydrate for another 2-4 hours.

The recipe makes about 8 pancakes total.

If you don't own a dehydrator, I see no reason why you couldn't cook these in a pan on the stove. I eat them raw though to preserve as many nutrients and enzymes as possible. For a sweetener, I use agave nectar or you could always go with some natural organic maple syrup.

• 7 months later...

I go with the below, and if I feel the need for extra protein I make a shake on the side. Note that this recipe is for swedish pancakes so they are supposed to be thin, not thick like american style pancakes. Even though the recipe is very simple, they taste extremely good when done right.

7dl soymilk

5dl wheatflour

1Tsp oil

Mix up, fry quickly in a hot pan on both sides. Air flipping is the preferred way of turning them over of course .

Here's a recipe I found, possibly on this site. I'm not sure.

1/2 Cup Flour (buckwheat or quinoa) (I use buckwheat)

1/2 Cup soy, almond or hemp milk (I use vanilla almond drink)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 TBS ground flax seed

1 TBS oil (I use coconut mainly for the taste)

I also add cinnamon directly into the batter. I did the same back in the spring when I had fresh maple syrup!

You might need to add some more almond, soy or hemp milk to help thin it out if its too thick. The first time I made them they were think so I thin them out a little.

Mix everything up and put it on nicely oiled hot skillet on medium heat and cook each side about 3 mins.

I've made them for guests too and everyone seems to like them