Tastiest Protein Shake Recipes!

Fallen_Horse

Ok, post what you have! My only requirement is that your recipe contains actual protein powder (hence the 'protein' in the title). If there are no added sugars, then that's a cherry on top!

My basic recipe isn't working out so well:

1/2 c pea protein

1 c almond milk

1 banana

1 packet sweetener

275 cals, 12% fat, 46% carbs, 42% protein

So let's do this!

Mine's a little crazy and high in fat which is no good if you're using it for post workout. Not sure I'd call it the tastiest but it's not bad if you lose the collards.

1.5 scoop (30 gram size scoop) pea/rice protein.

1 tablespoon defatted peanut flour

1 tablespoon flaxseed

1 tablespoon udo's oil

2 leafs collard greens

1 banana

1/2 cup berries

approximately:

504 calories

50g protein

36g carb

18g fat

• 1 month later...

This idea was stolen from Emerald City Smoothie the smoothie restaurant.

These are SO GOOD I can never get enough of these.

"The Builder"

-1 banana

-Soymilk (however thick or think you want the shake)

-Some sugar-free chocolate vegan ice cream

-A couple spoonfuls of peanut butter

-1 scoop chocolate protein (or non-flavored, with some cocoa powder and stevia sweetener)

Sugar-free Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream

-1 cup soy milk

-2 cups liquid soy creamer

-1/4 cup cocoa powder

-1/2 cup vegan unsweetened chocolate chips (or naturally sweetened)

-2 tablespoons arrowroot powder

-3-5 tablespoons stevia sweetener powder

On the side in a bowl mix 1/4 cup soymilk and the arrowroot powder till the arrowroot dissolves

Combine the rest of the ingredients in a pot under medium heat until the chocolate chips melt. Adjust the sweetness of the ice cream with how much stevia you put in it, some people like a darker chocolate and some like a sweeter one. Then bring the liquid to a boil. Remove it from the stove as soon as it boils and stir while adding the rest of the soymilk and arrowroot (this will thicken it).

Let the mixture cool down for about an hour outside the fridge, then put it in the fridge to cool down for about 3 hours. Then WALLA it's ready to be put in an ice cream maker!

My breakfast shake is

1 banana

1/4 cup pumpkin seeds

3 tablespoons flax seeds

2 cups soy milk

2 rounded tablespoons pea/rice protein

handful of greens or scoop of spirulina

~700 calories

~55 grams protein

~37 grams of fat

I'm not so sure other people would drink it, but I like it and this has made me gain ~4 pounds in 2 weeks

1 1/2 cup of chocolate soy milk

1 serving of Vega Smoothie Chocolate flavoured or Prairie Natural Chocolate Hemp protein powder (30g)

1 serving of pumpkin seed protein powder (30g)

1-2 spoonful of carob powder

3-5 drops of stevia

You could add also some cinnamon and 1 banana

About 25g protein per serving. sweet taste and pretty low in fat.

• 3 months later...

I would definitely stay away from the high carb fruits (bananas and dates), since they lead to glycation and blood sugar fluctuations. Unfermented soy is also very challenging to the body. Just mix up a Vega shake, which has all of the requirements for a bodybuilder. My only concern is that not all of the ingredients are organic.

• 6 months later...

1-2 scoops Chocolate SunWarrior

2 tablespoons peanut butter

1 bananna

5 ice cubes

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

about a half cup almond milk

It is so good, tastes just like a milkshake. If the bananna is frozen it is more an ice cream texture.

Do any of you use Vega (Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer) in particular? I cannot seem to make it work with anything. It is just absolutely horrid tasting, I spit it out, haha. I had it with organic chocolate soy milk, which I thought would be delicious; unfortunately, cannot bring a blender to work. Maybe I should just down it as quickly as possible and be done with it? Hee hee.

Thanks.

Do any of you use Vega (Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer) in particular? I cannot seem to make it work with anything. It is just absolutely horrid tasting, I spit it out, haha. I had it with organic chocolate soy milk, which I thought would be delicious; unfortunately, cannot bring a blender to work. Maybe I should just down it as quickly as possible and be done with it? Hee hee.

Thanks.

I use it every morning, I usually only do one scoop (I eat enough to get all my vitamins and minerals) do two scoops if I miss a day. I don't bother with any flavor but berry, I mix it with two cups of fruit juice (white grape juice lately), a cup of frozen berries and another protein powder of choice Vega Sport or Vegan Proteins + or Harmonized Vegan Protein.

Mix it with fruit and you are good to go. I even throw in a cup of frozen spinach from time to time.

1 scoop of protein powder in ice cold water (Boring, but tastes really nice. You can even pour it over your porridge in the morning instread of soy milk for a high protein low carb alternative).

I don't know what kind of protein powder you get, but this would be HORRIFIC with Gemma protein powder...

• 3 weeks later...

1 scoop of protein powder in ice cold water (Boring, but tastes really nice. You can even pour it over your porridge in the morning instread of soy milk for a high protein low carb alternative).

I don't know what kind of protein powder you get, but this would be HORRIFIC with Gemma protein powder...

Mine is really nice; it is also like a pudding (thick shake) texture even when there is like 500ml (16oz) of water mixed with the one scoop!

One of my faves is pumpkin pie!!

1 scoop protein powder ( I use pea, it really adds no taste to it.

2 cups almond/rice/soy milk

0.5 cup quick oats ( can be soaked before in the milk to soften, or put in as is)

0.5 tbs molasses

0.5 cup pumpkin

1 tbs chia seeds

several ice cubes

0.5 tbs pumpkin pie spice

0.5 teaspoon vanilla

stevia/sweetner to taste ( I use one packet of stevia)

• 1 year later...