Cooking Epiphany

ICanDoThis

Since I made the jump to vegan last Spring, I've gotten more and more into cooking. I'll see a recipe and want to try it, if it looks simple. I even send recipes, links and restaurants to try to friends & family who are vegan / vegetarian. It seems with meat, cooking was a chore but now it actually seems easier! I'm not talking about a pasta and veggie dish either since I'm not into pasta. My favorites tend to be Mediterranean probably because that's what I grew up eating.

Is this unique or have others experienced this also?

I was definitely the same way, but I wondered if it was because I went vegan around the same time I moved out of my parents' house and had no choice but to start cooking for myself. Oh well, it's a handy skill to have, and I'm glad I have so much fun with it!

• 6 months later...
Since I made the jump to vegan last Spring, I've gotten more and more into cooking. I'll see a recipe and want to try it, if it looks simple. I even send recipes, links and restaurants to try to friends & family who are vegan / vegetarian. It seems with meat, cooking was a chore but now it actually seems easier! I'm not talking about a pasta and veggie dish either since I'm not into pasta. My favorites tend to be Mediterranean probably because that's what I grew up eating.

Is this unique or have others experienced this also?

yup! completely.

Ye same for me ! It's even fun that you can actually know what you put in your food!

What's interesting is that I was a health freak 2 and a half years before going Vegan. Besides some basic stuff I didn't actually cook.But when I went Vegan I've started cooking.