Recipes for poppy seeds?

ChaserHUN

Do someone know good poppy seed recipes? I know it's high in calcium and iron, so I would like to eat it more often.

Aren't you from Hungary? I think Hungarian people eat the same stuff we eat here: tagliatelle with milk, sugar and poppy seeds.

I know this sound like blasphemy for Italian people, but sorry, it is tasty!

Basically, you pour 150 ml of boiling (soy) milk over 200 g of GROUND poppy seeds and 5 spoons of sugar (I replace it with agave, honey or barley malt)

You mix that with 500 g of cooked tagliatelle, and that's it

I love it.

You have to buy really fresh poppy seeds and grind it before cooking, since it becomes rancid very fast. Here they grind it for you in the shop.

it looks like this

http://www.coolinarika.com/repository/images/_variations/f/6/f66a0d424e553ff53da4feeaf5b859c6_view_l.jpg

Mmm, you have given me idea what to eat for dinner

PS: poppy seeds have complete protein

Well actually I don't drink soy milk, I don't really eat soy at all, maybe once or twice in a month. I try to keep my diet simple. I don't use any sweeteners at all, maybe stevia. I don't know if it's good idea to mix it with fruits. once I put the on oranges and the next day.....the pain, I was going to the toilet all day

yep! poppy seeds muffins with an orange juice,orange zest and /or pieces of orange , or instead of orange-lemon.

Very popular in Poland is yeast cake with poppy seeds and nuts, raisins, a way healthier than other cakes, beacuse we avoid chemistry etc.

although I consider poppy seeds as a base of some sweet dishes, It could be very tasty with tofu,sesame, as lobsteriffic wrote