Cutting, need recipes very high in protein.

PdevC

Atm I have my oats in the morning, but nothing but beans(dry, not canned), extra firm tofu, and broccoli throughout the rest of the day. I'm 232 lbs, about 40% body fat(stage 2 obese). I hear people recommend 1g of protein per pound, which for me means 232 grams a day, so that means 928 of my calories need to come from protein, and scooby's workshop says to eat 2450 calories a day for a 20% calorie reduction from my maintenance, so I roughly need to eat 40% of my calories from protein.

That's 1 gram per pound of ideal body weight. Which means your actual intake wouldn't have to be as high since you have a high bmi. Also, other people recommend less than that (1 gram per kg). I'd recommend lentils, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, tofu, tempeh, seitan (the amino acid quality of seitan is terrible but it's all protein and delicious, especially homemade), and peanuts (and/or that reduced fat peanut flour at trader joe's) as well as protein powders as your main protein sources. Beans, especially sprouted are good protein sources too and have their place but relying them on as your main protein source is probably going to mean a lot of gas (especially if you're using canned beans instead of properly prepared home cooked).

You should invest in veganomicon for delicious ways to cook these things if you don't already have it. Appetite for reduction might be good for weight loss too though the strategy in that book is more high volume/low calorie foods to increase satiety and the recipes aren't especially good for high protein percentages.

You should invest in veganomicon for delicious ways to cook these things if you don't already have it. Appetite for reduction might be good for weight loss too though the strategy in that book is more high volume/low calorie foods to increase satiety and the recipes aren't especially good for high protein percentages.

Both of these books are great! Appetite for Reduction is really geared toward lower fat/healthy meals. There are plenty of healthy meals in Veganomicon too, plus it has a pretty big section on various vegan foods and how to cook them (different beans, different veggies, etc.)

I'd be worried about getting bored eating nothing but oats, tofu, beans and broccoli.