Cooking Epiphany

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

ICanDoThis
Manatee

Cooking Epiphany

#1 Postby ICanDoThis » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

Since I made the jump to vegan last Spring, I've gotten more and more into cooking. I'll see a recipe and want to try it, if it looks simple. I even send recipes, links and restaurants to try to friends & family who are vegan / vegetarian. It seems with meat, cooking was a chore but now it actually seems easier! I'm not talking about a pasta and veggie dish either since I'm not into pasta. My favorites tend to be Mediterranean probably because that's what I grew up eating.

Is this unique or have others experienced this also?
Kick Ass & Conquer!

lobsteriffic
Stegosaurus

Re: Cooking Epiphany

#2 Postby lobsteriffic » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Totally. I LOVE cooking/baking/reading cookbooks/everything about cooking now. As a lacto-ovo vegetarian I mostly just ate processed/instant food with tons of cheese on it.

Adena
Gorilla

#3 Postby Adena » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:40 pm

I was definitely the same way, but I wondered if it was because I went vegan around the same time I moved out of my parents' house and had no choice but to start cooking for myself. Oh well, it's a handy skill to have, and I'm glad I have so much fun with it!

blueduckxx
Rabbit

#4 Postby blueduckxx » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 pm

ICanDoThis wrote:Since I made the jump to vegan last Spring, I've gotten more and more into cooking. I'll see a recipe and want to try it, if it looks simple. I even send recipes, links and restaurants to try to friends & family who are vegan / vegetarian. It seems with meat, cooking was a chore but now it actually seems easier! I'm not talking about a pasta and veggie dish either since I'm not into pasta. My favorites tend to be Mediterranean probably because that's what I grew up eating.

Is this unique or have others experienced this also?

yup! completely. :)

AlexNLP
Rabbit

#5 Postby AlexNLP » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:12 am

Ye same for me ! It's even fun that you can actually know what you put in your food!
What's interesting is that I was a health freak 2 and a half years before going Vegan. Besides some basic stuff I didn't actually cook.But when I went Vegan I've started cooking.
I would never settle for anything less than I could be - Tony Robbins

Return to “Vegan Recipes”