MF's recipes...

Mini Forklift

Dinner last night was a pretty easy throw together:

* Boil up some TVP (textured vegetable protein) and boil up some quinoa

* Add in a tin of chopped tomatoes to the TVP, some garlic, herbs and a pinch of sea salt

* Add in the quinoa, stir together, serve up and garnish with baby spinach and raw mushroom

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3113

• 8 months later...

KITCHARI

Ayurvedic doctors swear by this hearty dish made of basmati rice, mung dal, and aromatic Indian herbs; because it is super easy to digest, highly nourishing, and purifying, it is the ideal food for cleansing an overworked digestive system clogged up by fats and processed foods. Health benefits aside, kitchari can be appreciated for its taste alone. The fragrant herbs that Indian cooking is so known for impart flavor while the ghee or adds richness

Serves 4

1 cup white basmati rice

1 cup split mung beans

1 tablespoon ghee (or lightly whipped coconut cream as a vegan alternative)

1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds

1/4 teaspoon brown mustard seeds

1/4 teaspoon turmeric

1 pinch sea salt

4 cups water

1. Rinse the rice and mung beans until the water is clear.

2. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Stir a moment until the seeds pop.

3. Add the rice, mung beans, turmeric, and salt, and stir until well blended with the spices.

4. Add the water and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.

5. Turn down the heat to low and cover, leaving the lid slightly ajar. Cook until tender, about 20-25 minutes.

Kitchari.jpg.c2e695b0f77d0938ce36d4152d5a86e8.jpg

This one is VERY easy to cook and prepare and something I like to cook up most weeks. I usually get 3 or 4 meals out of it

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/download/file.php?id=3385

It's basically just a big vegetable stir fry with portobella mushrooms, marinated tofu and a few other secret ingredients. The oil base that I cook with is a high quality raw coconut oil