Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
Preheat grill to 400 degrees
* Pour EVOO into bottom of grill safe pan
*Clean Rosemary branches & remove all the bottom leaves but keep the very top
*Clean Figs gently under running water
* Very, very gently pierce the fig from top to bottom onto RM branch/Skewers
* Place skewers into pan coat w/a little more EVOO then place on grill
* Cook for approx. 15 - 20mins or untill figs about to burst.
---- At this point I toss in Pine Nuts (pine nuts will turn golden brown)
------I also add a dash of Makers Mark at this point. I don't know what it does to the
figs but it's like magic!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:17 pm 
Offline
VBB Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3192
What is EVOO and what are its benefits. Sorry I feel like I'm behind on this one. Links?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
C.O. wrote:
What is EVOO and what are its benefits.

It's either Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Evoo, the long lost fifth Teletubbie. :lol:

C.O. wrote:
Sorry I feel like I'm behind on this one.

Slacker.

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:13 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
C.O. wrote:
What is EVOO and what are its benefits. Sorry I feel like I'm behind on this one. Links?


It's an acronym for Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
I buy mine from Trader Joes
http://www.traderjoes.com/how-to/olive-oil.asp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 1074
Location: in the Vortex
KarakD. wrote:
Preheat grill to 400 degrees
* Pour EVOO into bottom of grill safe pan
*Clean Rosemary branches & remove all the bottom leaves but keep the very top
*Clean Figs gently under running water
* Very, very gently pierce the fig from top to bottom onto RM branch/Skewers
* Place skewers into pan coat w/a little more EVOO then place on grill
* Cook for approx. 15 - 20mins or untill figs about to burst.
---- At this point I toss in Pine Nuts (pine nuts will turn golden brown)
------I also add a dash of Makers Mark at this point. I don't know what it does to the
figs but it's like magic!


Do you deliver? :lol:

Baby Herc

_________________
Power [][][][][][][][][][]
Speed [][]
Stamina [][][][][][]
Smarts [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:55 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 am
Posts: 155
Location: Faux Food Fighter
Baby Hercules wrote:
KarakD. wrote:
Preheat grill to 400 degrees
* Pour EVOO into bottom of grill safe pan
*Clean Rosemary branches & remove all the bottom leaves but keep the very top
*Clean Figs gently under running water
* Very, very gently pierce the fig from top to bottom onto RM branch/Skewers
* Place skewers into pan coat w/a little more EVOO then place on grill
* Cook for approx. 15 - 20mins or untill figs about to burst.
---- At this point I toss in Pine Nuts (pine nuts will turn golden brown)
------I also add a dash of Makers Mark at this point. I don't know what it does to the
figs but it's like magic!


Do you deliver? :lol:

Baby Herc


I did last night to a friend's house. They were gone with in seconds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Slow Grilled Figs on Rosemary Skewers
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 2025
Location: Lee's Summit,MO
Why can't I have a friend where I live like you?!?!

_________________
I do because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

I don't make excuses... I make results

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group