Sounds weird, tastes great: Unexpected Food Combos

Baby Hercules

What delicious food combination have you recently tried that sounded weird but ended up tasting amazing?

I had some cold leftover whole wheat spaghetti that I had tossed in oil, hot pepper flakes, and bruschetta instead of sauce, so it was already light. I chopped up raw Rainbow Swiss Chard leaves into 1/4" pieces and mixed them in with a 1:2 ratio to the pasta. Delicious! It added beautiful greens and pinks to the dish and made it fresh and crunchy. Gotta write this one down and do it again next summer!

What strange concoctions can you share with us?

Baby Herc

peanut butter and dates are a favorite

this is not weird, its great!

OK, how about tomato and orange soup? tried it on 811 diet, and it was very good! cucumbers and strawberries blended also taste great.

okara left from home made soy milk mixed with plum jam.

Is it weird for you to eat pasta with ground walnuts and sugar? because here it is normal! or pasta with sugar, and poppy seeds cooked in soy milk?

weird enough?

Is it weird for you to eat pasta with ground walnuts and sugar? because here it is normal! or pasta with sugar, and poppy seeds cooked in soy milk?

You cook the pasta in soy milk? Do you drain off the excess or keep it as a sauce? What shape of pasta? Whole wheat or regular? This sounds pretty nummy.

Baby Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules

• 5 months later...