Want good salad and smoothie recipes.

xmtxm

Its my first time going to make a smoothie. Does anybody have any good smoothie recommendations they can give me or combos.

I have salads now but onions, lettuce, dressing, cucumber and that's it. I want to expand. Anybody got any good recipes.

• 2 weeks later...

Check the recipes thread there are tons of smoothie recipes in there, more than recipes for anything else actually. As for a great salad I just throw in every vegetable and fruit I have in the house, more ingredients the better. Top it off with hemp seeds (tip pour on dressing before adding hemp seeds and they will stick to the veggies better, otherwise they all sink to the bottom of your bowl).

-Dylan

• 3 months later...

My latest addition are smoothies with spinach (about 1 cup), strawberries (5-6) and banana (blend with H20). Also do a lot of salads with quinoa. Quinoa, salad greens, grated carrot, cabbage, seeds, apple. Roasted tempeh is also a good addition or try roasted beets.

This Quinoa, Avocada, Mango, salad is really good with lots of 'super foods'.

Another kale salad (kale slaw) here. I add purple cabbage to this recipe.

You may wish to 'massage'the kale in kale salads first... apparently it takes out some of the bitterness... tho I've never found it too bitter myself.

A quinoa, spinach and pear salad. It tastes like dessert... not sure if that is good or bad.

And here are a bunch of smoothies I've collected, but have not necessarily tried yet. Mostly I use the list/pictures here for ideas and then make something 'similar' depending what I have on hand.

Have fun!!

This Quinoa, Avocada, Mango, salad is really good with lots of 'super foods'.

Another kale salad (kale slaw) here. I add purple cabbage to this recipe.

You may wish to 'massage'the kale in kale salads first... apparently it takes out some of the bitterness... tho I've never found it too bitter myself.

A quinoa, spinach and pear salad. It tastes like dessert... not sure if that is good or bad.

And here are a bunch of smoothies I've collected, but have not necessarily tried yet. Mostly I use the list/pictures here for ideas and then make something 'similar' depending what I have on hand.

Have fun!!

This is awesome! You always have such detailed information ! I aspire to one day be as informative as you in public forums

You always have such detailed information ! I

Thanks Compassion.

If you're on Facebook check this page out -

I'm nearing the end of that challenge now. I keep cheating tho... if I don't like the recipe they send I make something different. lol. I think the challenge mostly made me really want a Vitamix!

• 1 month later...