Raw beansprouts

mythil

Well I picked up two packs of raw beansprouts from the supermarket.. Funny thing is the packet says "Do not eat raw".. Well I know a lot of raw people eat them without cooking them.. Soo.. are they the wrong kind? Do I have to get some specifically prepared

Do you remember fairly recently the case about the beansprouts and the ecoli outbreak, basically the idiot growing them washed them with contaminated water all full of animal shit.. Perhaps since then they've stuck a warning just in case but I don't know mate, I can't see the problem with eating them raw if you just wash them thoroughly first.

Do you remember fairly recently the case about the beansprouts and the ecoli outbreak, basically the idiot growing them washed them with contaminated water all full of animal shit.. Perhaps since then they've stuck a warning just in case but I don't know mate, I can't see the problem with eating them raw if you just wash them thoroughly first.

Never thought of that.. Yea it is typical for bigger supermarkets to say "boil the hell out of this, then it's not our fault if you get sick".

I usually get all my vegetables from the local shop and local market that comes around each week. Yea it's grown in shit, but proper shit *chuckles* you know what I mean, it's grown on small local farms (Titchfield mostly), some in Southampton and some from South Africa (well you're not going to get everything locally.. Would so love it if I could).

Oh yea, I was going to post this in another topic but I might as well now. I did pick some stuff up at Tesco since it was late and I thought I would kill two birds with one stone. I went to buy some apples, picked up some red ones and looked to see which they were. The label just said "apples".

I went all the way down the line of about six or seven different apples and most of them just said "apples".. Sometimes adding "juicy" or some other stupid tag line.. What type of apples are they? Gala, Cox, Granny smith?! What!.. Why are you not telling me what apples I'm buying tesco..