Looking for a non-tofu vegan egg recipe

C.O.

Anyone have one? I like eggs. I mean really like them. I like them sunny-side up and runny. I know many of you are already super grossed out. But I rarely eat them now. I do the tofu scrambles but I don't really like them too much. Anyone have any other recipes or options for breakfast like or egg like dishes other than tofu based scrambles?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Here are a few ideas...

In Ani Phyo's RAW food basics, she has scrambles that rely on almonds that have been soaked overnight. You pulse them in a food processor until you get the texture you want. This isn't going to simulate your runny yolk egg, but it could be good for burritos.

I've also seen a quite a few vegan food blogs lately featuring Socca. It's a French crepe made from chickpea flour. It can be stuffed like an omelet. this is a nice high protein option.

I'm going to think some more about this at work today... I'm a chef... and I'll try to come up with some more ideas.

Best,

Megan

There are lots of recipes out there for vegan eggs benedict. It includes tofu... but not necessarily scrambled. It might give the 'runny' texture you are missing. I haven't tried any of them yet so don't know if they are good.

And just googling it... apparently Vegan Essentials carries something called the 'Vegg'. (an egg yolk replacer). I don't know if it is just for baking tho.