Working out with your girlfriend?

Share your training programs, favorite exercises, training secrets and tips with the rest of the group. Discuss contest preparation, off-season diets, carb depleting and loading, posing, and training programs.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

ChaserHUN
Gorilla

Working out with your girlfriend?

#1 Postby ChaserHUN » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:49 am

I want to start working out again and do it with my girlfriend. Our goals are different she wants to lose weight I want to build muscle mass. I know it needs a different type of training but I want to a part together. I used to do mainly bodyweight training, Mark Laurens program, wich contains of ladders, interval training, supersets, stappers, tabatas(HIIT). Doing research everywhere I read that cardio is not too effective in weight loss, but weight training is. We don't have too much time on our hands to work out, but would be good to do it at least 3 times a week. What kind of workout schedule would you do?
"Go vegan and no body gets hurt"
HEALTHY PEOPLE ROCK
"milk is for babies"

jmf
Rabbit

Re: Working out with your girlfriend?

#2 Postby jmf » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:59 pm

Indeed, resistance training is far more effective for burning fat (than cardio) due to the hormonal response that persists well after your workout. (however, HIIT cardio will apparently do the same...idk, never done HIIT cardio)

If your time is limited, suggest you train early in the morning. If 3x/week is all you can do, you should definitely be doing full body workouts.

My wife and I both go to the gym together, but we go our separate ways once we're past the door. I don't think it makes sense for men and women to weight train together...you're going to want to do things like overhead presses while she wants to do the butt blaster...lol. And even on those exercises that you both do, like squats or deadlifts, you'll likely have a LOT more weight on the bar than her, so again, doesn't makes sense to train together.

Return to “Bodybuilding/Strength Training”