work/study meals

muchidna

Hi, i haven't been on these forums in a little while, mainly due to just being busy, anyway i recently started studying full timee, and i've been finding it hard to prepare good meals to take with me, and ending up buying stuff from the health food section (which i doubt is very healthy, sesame bars, museli bars etc) just to get my blood sugar back up, i was hoping for some suggestions, i'm looking for stuff like

protein bars

meal bars

anything else convinient that i could pack, and won't go soggy or anything

i'm also thinking about joining the campus gym, do you guys think it matters if protein comes from a bar or a shake? it would be more convinient if i didnt have to take a shaker and powder and liquid etc around with me

Fresh fruit, raw veggies, and nuts and seeds are always an option.

Canteloupe, Cherries, Grapes, Apples, Bananas

Baby carrots, Cherry tomatoes, Cucumbers

Almonds, Cashews, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds

I would image that any protein bars / meal bars you made would include a lot of those ingredients... why not just eat them whole and raw instead (less prep and cooking time), especially if you need you time for studying. You can alwasy had a Vega protein shake as well if you need more protein.

Cheers,

John

well,i mainly want something to do with my powder, or some high protein meals,vega is also quite expencive, and not really avaliable here, the stuff i have doesn't taste that great, but it's alot easier to eat when i put it into recipes, not to mention i dont really want to be carrying around the shake and liquid stuff i'll need on campus

I've browsed this site a few times http://www.proteinpow.com

The author is not a vegan/vegetarian, but she usually gives options to make her recipes vegan when available (i.e. sub almond milk for milk, or sub pea protein for whey protein). And here's the link specifically for her protein bar recipes http://www.proteinpow.com/search/label/Protein%20Bars

Cheers,

John

So i tried the recipe i linked, it tastes pretty great, though with the vegan egg substitute i expect the protein content is a little less spactacular, so i'm going to try make my own recipe & submit it to a local supplement manufacturer for their website

So i tried the recipe i linked, it tastes pretty great, though with the vegan egg substitute i expect the protein content is a little less spactacular, so i'm going to try make my own recipe & submit it to a local supplement manufacturer for their website

Awesome! I'm going to try a few of her recipes this weekend and see what happens. I know from the research I was doing, the vegan egg substitute only really works if the eggs are supposed to rise, not bind. I think applesauce can be used as a binder. Anyway, I'll report back my findings

Cheers,

John

• 1 month later...

Try Kate Farms Komplete. It’s the world’s first vegan, soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, meal replacement shake. I have two 3-hour lecture classes back to back so I don’t have a lot of time to squeeze in a meal between classes. I find that this is a quick, easy, and surprisingly delicious alternative that boosts my energy and actually keeps me full. It has 19g of protein (pea and brown rice proteins), 330 calories, and 21 superfoods so I definitely don’t feel guilty drinking this as opposed to eating a protein bar that may, or may not, be vegan. I don’t worry about having it in my bag all day because it is shelf-stable for a full year so I don’t need to refrigerate it unless I break the seal. I buy mine from a local health food store, but you can find it at pretty much any Super Supplements or Vitamin Shoppe. They are also having an online promotion right now where you can get 15% off of your online order when you buy through their website. Just enter the code KFFIT at checkout. Good luck!