Pizza NOM NOM NOM!

esqinchi

This, by request, is a very simple pizza recipe I have - and should be no trouble for anyone to follow on a cheat night.

1. Open Beer, consume.

2. Preheat Oven to 400*F

3. Pizza

Dough Recipe

- 2.5 cups bread flour (must have bread flour)

- 1tsp sugar

- 1 packet dry yeast

- 1tsp salt (I like to use Kosher)

- 2tbsp olive oil

- 1 cup warm water (105*F warm)

- 1tsp of each of the following: garlic powder, oregano flakes, ground sage,

Dough Directions:

Get your water set in a measuring cup. Add the packet of the yeast to the hot water, stir gently, let sit for about 5 minutes.

Combine all dry ingredients, and olive oil in a mixing bowl (I use the bowl that goes on our KitchenAid Mixer).

Once the yeast has rested, add it to the dry ingredients.

Mix by machine for about 5 minutes, or by hand for about 7 - 10 minutes, or until a nice semi-dry dough has formed. Nothing

should stick to the side of the bowl.

Let dough rest in bowl for about 5 minutes (I like to prepare my toppings at this point)

Once dough has rested, turn out on to solid surface (preferably granite countertop), and use your hands to spread into a

circle shape. You can use a rolling pin if you like to eat pizza faster than by forming the dough by hand (I do). Once you get

the dough to the desired size, it's time to place it on your pizza pan. Fold it in half, and then in half again, so it is 1/4 it's

original size. Place the "slice" on the pan, and unfold gently into place. Toppings time!

Sauce:

Really simple - 1 tin tomato paste, 1 tin tomato sauce. Combine in a bowl, mix until well incorporated.

Toppings:

Anything goes here, use whatever you like. On this one in particular, I had mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini wheels (which

I used like pepperoni), spinach, fresh basil, and maybe some onion - I can't remember. Oh, and non-dairy soy cheese. I think

we used "GoVeggie" "cheese" on this pizza. I also like Daiya, and Teeze - though the Teez sometimes funks up my belly the

next day. Chop the veggies up however you like - my wife insists on a small dice!

Execution:

Using a soup ladle, spoon on the majority of the sauce (depending on how much you like - I like a ton), and spread out over

the dough using a circular motion (do I need to be this specific???). Add your toppings in an even, symmetrical manner. Top

with cheese, somewhat sparingly (unless bloat is desired). Once pizza is fully assembled, slide that fucker into the oven, close

the lid/door, and set a timer for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven once cooked to desired level, and let sit on the stove

top (or wherever is safe for hot things) for about five minutes (you should be on your second or third beer by this point).

Get some plates, slice that shit up, and eat en masse. I would recommend a hoppy IPA to go along with this. Also, copious

amounts of Sriracha.

Finished product should look something like:

Pizza!.jpeg.12c8da75d79f28fa14691a8d5d18a595.jpeg

• 6 months later...
I am WAY late to respond to this post, but I LOVE it, especially the "open beer part!"

Haha never too late! I'm making another pizza this weekend.

This time though, it will include Beyond Meat Feisty Crumbles, red pepper, maybe some kale, a fresno pepper, and bbq sauce!