Healthy breakfast protein shake!

platyphylla

Hey people.

Just thought i'd share a nice recipe I came up with. Probably has been done elsewhere but i'm claiming invention of it until I see otherwise!

Basically, I hate the taste of protein powder and I wanted to have some with breakfast, so I have to mix it into food.

Ingredients:

1 Cup whole almonds

1/2 Cup whole oats

1 large banana

1 tablespoon rapadura sugar (can use any but I prefer rapadura or demerera)

1 scoop of your favourite protein powder

Milk (strict vegans can use oat milk - this may even taste nicer actually)

Water

Sea Salt/Rock Salt

Blueberries

Bang it all in a processor and add as much water/your choice of milk as you see fit. It can come out like an oaty milky porridge or it can be more of a drink, it's up to you.

Tastes nice, and packs in calories and protein. Almonds are rammed with good fats but some people don't like taking much fat in at all so it's probably not one for someone on a cut.

This meal in a glass will pack in:

~73g's Protein

~1300 Calories

Total fats for the day is over 100% but only a small portion of that is saturated fat. It also won't matter too much if the rest of your diet is healthy fruits and vegetables (non-processed stuff.) If you're worried about this however, you can still get a serving (the ingredients I used make approx 700g's worth - more than enough for 2 servings) by halving the ingredients.

This is one meal in which a vegan can both pack on calories and protein without having to live on shakes.

It's also got most of your recommended daily intake of dietary fibre

Enjoy!

sounds good mate, im a big fan of high calorie shakes! definitely going to try this one

I had a full one for breakfast this morning - good stuff!

You can also mess around with whatever you put in it - the cals come mainly from the almonds. Sometimes i put walnuts in too to get some extra protein and Omega 3.

Can be a bit heavy on the stomach though so maybe better post workout than pre workout