Thoughts on Alcohol

prsaraogi

Oh yea, I've realized as you get older, the tolerance levels go down and the excess calories stack up quite easily. Beer is probably the worst of the lot I suppose. So I'm just hoping to pick up a few low calorie / least harmful recipes of vodka/whiskey.

I like the odd drink every now and then, especially after a hard run or gym session. It's one of the few things I crave.

Favourite drinks?..

Light beer

Dark beer

Black beer

Organic beer

Micro-Brewery beer

Regular beer (if nothing else is available)

Beer

If I'm out at a restaurant I might look at the wine menu. But I'll probably order a beer.

+ 1 for what Andi said. I even organize my hardest training sessions on the days I drink. I like craft beers, but I can also tolerate a gin & tonic every now and then. I like Death's Door gin, which is from somewhere in Wisconsin. Fentiman's makes a great tonic water, which I've found to be essential to a solid G&T.

If neither of those are available, I'll go with a whiskey and soda water.

I like the odd drink every now and then, especially after a hard run or gym session. It's one of the few things I crave.

Favourite drinks?..

Light beer

Dark beer

Black beer

Organic beer

Micro-Brewery beer

Regular beer (if nothing else is available)

Beer

If I'm out at a restaurant I might look at the wine menu. But I'll probably order a beer.

+1. A tasty craft beer is a nice treat. Sometimes a red wine, but usually beer. There's just so much variety.

Okay, I'm going to rephrase my question haha, if you were gearing up seriously for your summer body and couldn't afford any unwanted calories, what would be your weekend drink ?

Either a low carb beer or a spirit with soda water

But I'd be quite happy not drinking alcohol if need be; usually in the build up to an important competition or race I drop all alcohol and caffeine about eight weeks out anyway.

Okay, I'm going to rephrase my question haha, if you were gearing up seriously for your summer body and couldn't afford any unwanted calories, what would be your weekend drink ?

Here's a little secret us girls know. You can actually buy and order low calorie drinks, booze and mixers. LOL, Most bars use a brand called Skinny Girls. I'm not sure how a guy feel about ordering that but is an option. You can also but them at the liquor store.

There also a brand called skinny mixes that I like and lower calorie alcohols like vodka.

I personally lean more toward beers an straight up liquors, but I date girls that drink mixed drinks so I know how other girls order!

I currently have these two in my house.. but there are different brands. I don't currently have any of the low calorie booze to show you though.. but they do make it and a lot bars carry them now.

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab28/koraraving/vegan%20body%20building%20log/20140329_172340_zpsheaqumvn.jpg

Whiskey, neat, water back. Double down on the water. Eat something hearty, and healthy prior to drinking. Then you won't fill up on garbage once you're sauced. But... If you're training for a competition, and having a few drinks on the weekend, my guess is that you can barely make it past three drinks before wanting to crawl in bed anyhow!

Most bars use a brand called Skinny Girls. I'm not sure how a guy feel about ordering that but is an option. You can also but them at the liquor store.

Yeah I'm probably not going to order that at the bar haha but I might try it out at home.

Thanks for the replies

Here's a little secret us girls know. You can actually buy and order low calorie drinks, booze and mixers. LOL, Most bars use a brand called Skinny Girls. I'm not sure how a guy feel about ordering that but is an option. You can also but them at the liquor store.

There also a brand called skinny mixes that I like and lower calorie alcohols like vodka.

The SkinnyGirl stuff is generally just low-quality liquor and low-sugar mixers instead of the standard sweet stuff. They've been beaten up for false advertising in the past, too. You're better off making your own or just ordering carefully.

As for liquors, ABV is the defining factor, not the type of liquor. The difference in calories between vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc of equivalent proof is negligible.

The SkinnyGirl stuff is generally just low-quality liquor and low-sugar mixers instead of the standard sweet stuff. They've been beaten up for false advertising in the past, too. You're better off making your own or just ordering carefully.

As for liquors, ABV is the defining factor, not the type of liquor. The difference in calories between vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc of equivalent proof is negligible.

Hell I would drink kool aid from Jim Jones if I thought it had booze it and I get my calorie in my day.

• 3 months later...

My "skinny drink" when I go out (if I'm not slacking and just drinking beer) is just a simple vodka and water with a couple of lime slices. At first that sounded horrible, but I had a friend order me one when we were out, and it's actually easy to drink, and the lime is really the only flavor you're dealing with.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Hello! Alcohol addiction can be devastating to a person's life, but seeking professional help can be crucial. A highly recommended alcohol rehab clinic in Texas is ASIC Recovery Services which offers Intensive Outpatient Fort Worth. Their long-term, evidence-based approach to addiction treatment has helped many people achieve lasting recovery.

Edited by estgee
  • Like 1