Peanut Butter

Payne

I have a massive thing for peanut butter. And now that I appear to be adding it to my overnight oats for a bit of extra protein in the mornings I was wondering if anyone had any vegan (or non vegan, but still veggie) suggestions of ones I should check out.

Right now I've got Sun Pat smooth. I'm not adverse to crunchy at all (smooth was all the shop over the road had in stock). Skippy's is beautiful, but I doubt the standard supermarket varieties are as healthy as some other ones you guys may be aware of.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions you may have.

GO NUTS!

I didn't think to look on there actually! Thanks for that. Is there peanut butter like the stuff you'd get in a normal shop or is it more like the tubs of peanut butter you get from H&B where the oil starts seperating and you have to have a half an hour work out on your arm mixing it all up?

Also, do you get your protein from them? If so what do you use because I've got the soy protein isolate from them and it mixes REALLY badly and when I contacted them they didn't say whether it was just that batch or if it was normal! I hate peas so dont really want to go for pea protein and hemp protein seems a little on the expensive side when I'm having a couple of shakes a day.

It comes In big tubs but contains no oil at all, 100% peanuts so no mixing needed

Yes mate I always use them for protein powders, I don't use the soy anymore because as you said it mixes awfully and you have to shake it in between sips ahha, I always get brown rice protein it mixes great tastes fine but unfortunately it's the most expensive. I found that the pea protein tasted like shit haha I also get my creatine from there, I use creapure it's proper good! Let me know how you get on matey

WHOOP! I'll be ordering me some of that then next time! I've got a £5 credit for there because of all this faff with the soy protein so that'll cover that off I think. I need a protein that I can just whack in a little tub for work so dont want anything that's too labour intensive. I'll have a look at that brown rice protein then. It's cheaper than the hemp one so that's a plus.

Creatine, I'm using their creatine monohydrate after they sent me a 250g bag of it last week. Dropping 5g of that in a pint of water first thing in the morning and downing it. Only been using it for a week so wont notice anything from it (if at all??) for a while yet.

Cheers for the pointers dude!

It comes In big tubs but contains no oil at all, 100% peanuts so no mixing needed

Contains no _added_ oil, but does contain natural oil, which will separate if you leave it sitting for too long. It even says so in the product description. If it doesn't separate you should be suspicious of emulsifiers.

ive had my protein peanut butters too, really good stuff! i put mine in a blender with my proteins soy isolate no choice for it but to mix then i also use reflex vegan protein smooth fruits flavour which is fairly cheap, 2.1kg for 30 quid delivered, the scoops are quite small though so it seems to last, its a pea protein but one of the better tasting ones in my opinion

Ah great, thank you.

That's cheaper than My Protein as they charge for shipping too. Serving size is the same too, so I'll probably give that a go. I hate peas, so anything to mask the taste of them is great in my book!

Going to try the my protein brown rice protein this time around and I've ordered some of their peanut butter too. Had a £5 credit with them, so figured I'd give it a whirl this time around and then come pay day see if I should get some more of it, or try something else.