What are some high calorie meals?

TylerNewman

Usually burgers can be very high calorie if you design them to be.

My high (healthy) calorie burgers usually include black beans(or kidney since for black ones I need to travel to a certain store to get them here in Cyprus), some grain (be it quinoa, oats, bulgur wheat or smth similar), nuts (usually cashews[roasted but unsalted] but you can try something else), rarely I add whole or broken seeds but I usually add flax seed meal as a binder plus some vital wheat gluten. Beware though, adding too much VWG and adding wheat/rye/spelt flour also, will make your burger taste too "bready".

So, this burger is the direct opposite of a meat burger cause everything in it doesn't contain much water and most ingredients (beans, quinoa, nuts, seeds, vital wheat gluten) are high on calories when related to their weight.

Also a vegan dip is always a good idea. Try avocado + artichoke hearts +cashew + maybe some nutritional yeast + lemon juice and herbs to taste.

Also oatmeal as a breakfast with seeds, soymilk (or other) plus some fruit can give you a hefty amount of calories.

I also love some falafel with some veggies and hummus in a pita.

General rule: Legumes, beans, seeds and nuts are the best bulking foods for everyone since beans and legumes by dry weight are 20-30% protein 40-50% carbs and some very low to no fat (except soy) and nuts/seeds are 23-26% protein 50% fat and 10-12% carbs if I remember correctly. So the rule a grain, a green and a bean really applies here (plus seeds and nuts though).