Awesome Southwestern Tofu Scramble

VeganBadass_CO

1 16oz package firm tofu (sprouted or not...organic for sure! #COSTCO!)

1 Tbs olive oil (I used coconut oil)

1/2 cup diced white onion

3/4 cup chopped red/green/orange/whatever pepper

1/2 cup finely chopped Anaheim pepper

1/4 tsp coriander

1/2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt (or regular, but get this!!! again #COSTCO)

1 1/4 tsp ground tumeric

3 Tbs chopped green onions for serving

3-4 tortillas, warmed (or not, i used toast)

optional:

1 sliced avocado for serving

Sour cream (I used vegan/non-dairy)

Salsa (if you like)

Drain water then remove tofu from pacakge and set on plate with kitchen paper to dry it out. Press on top with another piece of kitchen paper (paper towel, haha!) to remove excess moisture. Then place in medium mixing bowl and smash well using your favorite fork. Looking for crumbly consistency.

Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, red pepper and Anaheim pepper (leave out or use different kind depending on your preference for spice!) and cook until soft, 3-4 minutes. Stir as needed to prevent sticking and for even cooking.

Stir in the coriander, cumin, garlic powder and salt and cook until just incorporated and fragrant, 1 min or so. Stir in the smashed tofu and the turmeric along with 2 Tbs of water, and cook until the mixture is warmed completely, 1-2 mins Taste and season with additional salt or ground black pepper if you'd like.

Serving:

If using tortillas, warm them up per instructions. Suggest Engine 2 sprouted tortillas. Add some spinach, then scoop a generous portion of scramble atop the tortilla and garnish with green onion and sliced avocado. Add sour cream or salsa as you like!

If using nice, whole grain toast, serve the scramble on the toast, or put the toast on the side as you like. Suggest serving the scramble on-top of a bed of spinach.

Optional: Add in spinach at same times a adding the tofu as a lot of it will cook down nicely and add some color to the dish.

Enjoy!!!!