Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:33 pm 
For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:04 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:05 pm
Posts: 3899
Location: Austin, TX
veganpotter wrote:
For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good


Scott and I read this last night and pondered making some guac burritos of our own.

_________________
www.facebook.com/OhDid

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:59 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:57 pm
Posts: 1251
Location: Honolulu, HI
veganpotter wrote:
For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good



you can never have too much guac

_________________
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:38 am 
Seriously you've gotta try it...I'm thinking its definately more than 3 avocados...maybe even 5


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:01 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
veganpotter wrote:
For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good


That's funny man, a giant guac burrito. :lol: The kid at the register was amazed this week when I ordered two sides of guac to go with my chips, he didn't believe I could eat it all. I just laughed. :D

_________________
The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:33 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Posts: 1056
Location: Pittsburgh
Mmmm. Burritos! We made burritos for dinner tonight.

Mine included spicy refried black beans, tofu taco filing, and fire-roasted salsa.

Image

Mayla's included regular refried beans, tofu, taco sauce and chips.

Image

Michael's and Malani's were similar variations. Te amo comina mexicano!

_________________
Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:34 am 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:31 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Los Angeles
well, first off, i can''t eat gluten so i'm limited in this thread... but there are brown rice tortillas that work well, or i can just eat three little corn tortillas to every one of your wheat tortillas....


but here's my problem: where's the filling??? you guys are making sorry little weak burritos. i put grilled squash, lettuce, cabbage, shredded carrots, fresh tomatoes, steamed rice, fresh cooked dry beans (usually anastazi), avocado, olives, onion, cilantro, tomatillo or mango-peach salsa, and sometimes pumpkin seeds (or pepitas when it's mexican food). i've added hot peppers, bell peppers, roasted garlic, sprouts, mexican herbs like hoja santa or colantro (not to be confused with cilantro whcih is totally different)...

but all your pics have little wussy "american" burritos that remind me of taco bell*. beans, some faux meat, some sauce, maybe some rice. blah blah. seriously, throw some pinapple and jalapeno in your next burrito! let me see someone putting mashed potatoes and cactus in a burrito. then i will start to feel better. heck, i've put sundried tomatoes in a burrito before!! are my burritos just better than yours? edit :P :lol: :P :smt028 no. just different... /edit

and don't even get me started on all or mostly raw burritos (made with cabbage wraps)!! or get me started if you want the recipe...

i thought taco bell's beans were not vegan! i could have sworn a hindu man in new york sued yum brands because he had eaten some kind of lard or dairy product in his beans. they settled and paid for him to go cleanse himself in the ganges.

_________________
. . . . . . . . .
. . ____ . .
. .|O_o| . .
. . . || . . . .
. . .{ }-<. .
. .^ || . . . .
. . .d b. . . .
. . . . . . . . .


Last edited by bighead on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:01 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
bighead wrote:
well, first off, i can''t eat gluten so i'm limited in this thread... but there are brown rice tortillas that work well, or i can just eat three little corn tortillas to every one of your wheat tortillas....


but here's my problem: where's the filling??? you guys are making sorry little weak burritos. i put grilled squash, lettuce, cabbage, shredded carrots, fresh tomatoes, steamed rice, fresh cooked dry beans (usually anastazi), avocado, olives, onion, cilantro, tomatillo or mango-peach salsa, and sometimes pumpkin seeds (or pepitas when it's mexican food). i've added hot peppers, bell peppers, roasted garlic, sprouts, mexican herbs like hoja santa or colantro (not to be confused with cilantro whcih is totally different)...

but all your pics have little wussy "american" burritos that remind me of taco bell*. beans, some faux meat, some sauce, maybe some rice. blah blah. seriously, throw some pinapple and jalapeno in your next burrito! let me see someone putting mashed potatoes and cactus in a burrito. then i will start to feel better. heck, i've put sundried tomatoes in a burrito before!! is this just cuz i grew up in LA and i know lots of mexicans and central/south americans? or are my burritos just better than yours?

and don't even get me started on all or mostly raw burritos (made with cabbage wraps)!! or get me started if you want the recipe...

i thought taco bell's beans were not vegan! i could have sworn a hindu man in new york sued yum brands because he had eaten some kind of lard or dairy product in his beans. they settled and paid for him to go cleanse himself in the ganges.


Welcome to the board dick! Sorry our burritos don't meet your standards. We just threw them together in a hurry to feed three hungry little girls who spent all day playing at a local play center. Our youngest by the way is half Mexican and spent the first three years of her life with Tiffany living in an all Mexican household in Watsonville California. And guess what? Mexican burritos are even more simple than ours! So, how about getting an education, a life and posting somewhere that you might be appreciated. :smt097

_________________
The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:55 pm 
Offline
Rabbit
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:31 pm
Posts: 147
Location: Los Angeles
hahaha well fuck thank you very much too :) :angel10:

i was joking with my tone but i guess you can't appreciate sarcasm. :tongue:

seriously, dude. why don't you learn to not get angry when reading something on an online forum? i apologize for angering you, but seriously... channel that into lifting :bodybuilding:

and your burritos are fine. they are lovely. son muy mexicanos! Bueno mi compañero. ¿Todo es bueno, sí?

_________________
. . . . . . . . .
. . ____ . .
. .|O_o| . .
. . . || . . . .
. . .{ }-<. .
. .^ || . . . .
. . .d b. . . .
. . . . . . . . .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:46 pm 
Offline
Stegosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:05 pm
Posts: 3899
Location: Austin, TX
bighead wrote:
hahaha well fuck thank you very much too :) :angel10:

i was joking with my tone but i guess you can't appreciate sarcasm. :tongue:

seriously, dude. why don't you learn to not get angry when reading something on an online forum? i apologize for angering you, but seriously... channel that into lifting :bodybuilding:

and your burritos are fine. they are lovely. son muy mexicanos! Bueno mi compañero. ¿Todo es bueno, sí?


I'm not taking sides, but it is hard to pick up sarcasm on a text based medium, especially when you don't see many posts from the person (as I'm sure he hasn't seen many of yours).

_________________
www.facebook.com/OhDid

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:52 pm 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
bighead wrote:
hahaha well fuck thank you very much too :) :angel10:

i was joking with my tone but i guess you can't appreciate sarcasm. :tongue:

seriously, dude. why don't you learn to not get angry when reading something on an online forum? i apologize for angering you, but seriously... channel that into lifting :bodybuilding:

and your burritos are fine. they are lovely. son muy mexicanos! Bueno mi compañero. ¿Todo es bueno, sí?


Well, the joke is on you because the board supresses certain words from your post that no one will ever see unless they reply with a quote. :wink:

Really though mate, if you're joking, then say something funny instead of just making an arse of yourself. :roll:

Now that we're done with that, how about some pics of those mighty burritos you make. It's enough drooling over the words man, we want pictures. Bring on the food porn! :D

_________________
The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 am
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond, Va
Best accompaniment to a burrito:

<img src="http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/00tapitiolg.jpg">


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 am 
Offline
Elephant
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 2292
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Paul Messplay wrote:
Best accompaniment to a burrito:

<img src="http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/00tapitiolg.jpg">


Shall have to try it. 8)

_________________
The Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:28 am 
Offline
Rabbit

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:02 am
Posts: 66
Location: Richmond, Va
michaelhobson wrote:
Paul Messplay wrote:
Best accompaniment to a burrito:

<img src="http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/00tapitiolg.jpg">


Shall have to try it. 8)


Definitely do! I haven't met anyone who was disappointed by it!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:33 am 
Offline
Elephant

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm
Posts: 2783
bighead the thing with yum foods got cleared up and they dont use lard in the beans anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS }
{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group