The Official VBB&F Burrito thread.

Odidnetne

I don't know if it's the official food of this website, but the word burrito seems to come up a lot on this site, so I thought I'd have a thread where we can share our favorite combos (for those of us who make them).

I normally add spinach or something green, but we didn't have anything good to put on, but this is what I've been eating a lot of:

- Black Beans

- Brown Rice

- Chickpeas

- My homemade BBQ sauce (Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Tomato Paste, Mustard & Molasses (spelling?))

- Chopped onion, pepper, tomato (whatever is in the house)

- Spinach (not pictured)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat most of my burritos out aka Chipotle, Qdoba, Taco Bell, Mad Mex, Moe's. But, I've got a new pack of whole wheat tortillas in the fridge, I'll let you know what I put on them.

I should drive out there again and let *YOU* know what *I* put on them, like the last bag.

I eat most of my burritos out aka Chipotle, Qdoba, Taco Bell, Mad Mex, Moe's. But, I've got a new pack of whole wheat tortillas in the fridge, I'll let you know what I put on them.

I should drive out there again and let *YOU* know what *I* put on them, like the last bag.

Yeah, I was thinking about you the other night when we bought them. I also picked up some organic refried black beans with red jalapeno peppers. Tiffaney just now opened up a can to go with her roasted tomato salsa and homemade guacamole! We're just scooping it with corn chips right now though, no burritos.

I don't know how I missed this!

Has anyone else had more than 7 large burritos on one day?

Please post records.

That is mine. And 11 for a 3-day period.

7 in 24 hours I've had. 4 late at night and then 3 for a late breakfast the next morning, does that count?

When I was 14 I ate 27 tacos...not vegan but I'm sure I could have eaten just the same amount. As for vegan burritos I've eaten 3.5 Chipotle burritos in one day(actually a little over an hour)...it was quite nice...it would have been only 3 if my friend could have finished his second one. These are monstrous burritos and very yummy. I think I could do 5 max though...they are likely 1.5 lbs or so.

For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good

For my birthday a friend of mine(that works at chipotle) made me a Chipotle sized GUAC burrito...I only added the Green Tobasco...so it was 20+oz of guac...it was soooo good

Scott and I read this last night and pondered making some guac burritos of our own.

That's funny man, a giant guac burrito. The kid at the register was amazed this week when I ordered two sides of guac to go with my chips, he didn't believe I could eat it all. I just laughed.

Mmmm. Burritos! We made burritos for dinner tonight.

Mine included spicy refried black beans, tofu taco filing, and fire-roasted salsa.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/TiffaneysBurrito.jpg

Mayla's included regular refried beans, tofu, taco sauce and chips.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c240/veganmadre/MaylasBurrito.jpg

Michael's and Malani's were similar variations. Te amo comina mexicano!

well, first off, i can''t eat gluten so i'm limited in this thread... but there are brown rice tortillas that work well, or i can just eat three little corn tortillas to every one of your wheat tortillas....

but here's my problem: where's the filling??? you guys are making sorry little weak burritos. i put grilled squash, lettuce, cabbage, shredded carrots, fresh tomatoes, steamed rice, fresh cooked dry beans (usually anastazi), avocado, olives, onion, cilantro, tomatillo or mango-peach salsa, and sometimes pumpkin seeds (or pepitas when it's mexican food). i've added hot peppers, bell peppers, roasted garlic, sprouts, mexican herbs like hoja santa or colantro (not to be confused with cilantro whcih is totally different)...

but all your pics have little wussy "american" burritos that remind me of taco bell*. beans, some faux meat, some sauce, maybe some rice. blah blah. seriously, throw some pinapple and jalapeno in your next burrito! let me see someone putting mashed potatoes and cactus in a burrito. then i will start to feel better. heck, i've put sundried tomatoes in a burrito before!! are my burritos just better than yours? edit no. just different... /edit

and don't even get me started on all or mostly raw burritos (made with cabbage wraps)!! or get me started if you want the recipe...

i thought taco bell's beans were not vegan! i could have sworn a hindu man in new york sued yum brands because he had eaten some kind of lard or dairy product in his beans. they settled and paid for him to go cleanse himself in the ganges.

Edited by bighead

well, first off, i can''t eat gluten so i'm limited in this thread... but there are brown rice tortillas that work well, or i can just eat three little corn tortillas to every one of your wheat tortillas....

but here's my problem: where's the filling??? you guys are making sorry little weak burritos. i put grilled squash, lettuce, cabbage, shredded carrots, fresh tomatoes, steamed rice, fresh cooked dry beans (usually anastazi), avocado, olives, onion, cilantro, tomatillo or mango-peach salsa, and sometimes pumpkin seeds (or pepitas when it's mexican food). i've added hot peppers, bell peppers, roasted garlic, sprouts, mexican herbs like hoja santa or colantro (not to be confused with cilantro whcih is totally different)...

but all your pics have little wussy "american" burritos that remind me of taco bell*. beans, some faux meat, some sauce, maybe some rice. blah blah. seriously, throw some pinapple and jalapeno in your next burrito! let me see someone putting mashed potatoes and cactus in a burrito. then i will start to feel better. heck, i've put sundried tomatoes in a burrito before!! is this just cuz i grew up in LA and i know lots of mexicans and central/south americans? or are my burritos just better than yours?

and don't even get me started on all or mostly raw burritos (made with cabbage wraps)!! or get me started if you want the recipe...

i thought taco bell's beans were not vegan! i could have sworn a hindu man in new york sued yum brands because he had eaten some kind of lard or dairy product in his beans. they settled and paid for him to go cleanse himself in the ganges.

Welcome to the board dick! Sorry our burritos don't meet your standards. We just threw them together in a hurry to feed three hungry little girls who spent all day playing at a local play center. Our youngest by the way is half Mexican and spent the first three years of her life with Tiffany living in an all Mexican household in Watsonville California. And guess what? Mexican burritos are even more simple than ours! So, how about getting an education, a life and posting somewhere that you might be appreciated.

hahaha well fuck thank you very much too

i was joking with my tone but i guess you can't appreciate sarcasm.

seriously, dude. why don't you learn to not get angry when reading something on an online forum? i apologize for angering you, but seriously... channel that into lifting

and your burritos are fine. they are lovely. son muy mexicanos! Bueno mi compañero. ¿Todo es bueno, sí?

hahaha well fuck thank you very much too

i was joking with my tone but i guess you can't appreciate sarcasm.

seriously, dude. why don't you learn to not get angry when reading something on an online forum? i apologize for angering you, but seriously... channel that into lifting

and your burritos are fine. they are lovely. son muy mexicanos! Bueno mi compañero. ¿Todo es bueno, sí?

I'm not taking sides, but it is hard to pick up sarcasm on a text based medium, especially when you don't see many posts from the person (as I'm sure he hasn't seen many of yours).