New Most Wonderful Fattening Snack

Guest veganpotter

I was at my local natural food store and picked up some bulk organic banana chips(probably way too many) and when I got home I started dipping my crackers in my jar of peanut butter and of course I ran out of crackers...this lead to the idea of dipping banana chips...I highly advise you all try this...its absolutely wonderful

Damn you potter and your delicious and fattening foods! I gained about 100 pounds eating banana chips. Ok, maybe not 100 came directly from banana chips but they didn't help.

Mmmm. It does sound good. Michael I'm sure would like it! One of his new favorite snacks is chocolate chips with peanut butter.

Damn you potter and your delicious and fattening foods! I gained about 100 pounds eating banana chips. Ok, maybe not 100 came directly from banana chips but they didn't help.

Mmmm. It does sound good. Michael I'm sure would like it! One of his new favorite snacks is chocolate chips with peanut butter.

Haha, I can totally relate Michael's love. When I first became vegan and didn't really give any thought to the nutrition aspect I would find myself eating spoonfuls of organic peanut butter with organic semi-sweet chocolate chips on top.

My mom bought me a food dehydrator and I'm really looking forward to trying this with dehydrated banana chips and cashew/almond butter for the rawish version

My mom bought me a food dehydrator and I'm really looking forward to trying this with dehydrated banana chips and cashew/almond butter for the rawish version

I've done it with raw almond butter, but the banana chips were commercial and likely not raw. It was delicious and I actually prefer almond butter coupled with bananas over peanut butter; though I am an almond butter junkie.

I like peanut more but maybe I just think that because I can afford it. I only get maybe 2 jars of almond butter a year

Yeah, I do try to avoid eating too much almond butter as it is expensive. I bought a good blender so I am planning on making some homemade stuff for about half price.

I'm not sure if that will do the trick...a friend of mine has a vita mix...king of all blenders and it only turns almonds into almond flour...I think it has to be crushed

I'm not sure if that will do the trick...a friend of mine has a vita mix...king of all blenders and it only turns almonds into almond flour...I think it has to be crushed

You combine the almond powder, and some type of oil in a food processor.

That's the recipe I saw.

Thats what I do to make sunflower seed butter(I add peanut) but almond butter has such a subtle taste I wouldn't wanna screw it up with anything but almond oil...after that you'd wind up losing money since almond butter(at least where I'm living) only costs about $1 more per pound than almonds...sometimes its even cheaper which is really weird

Thats what I do to make sunflower seed butter(I add peanut) but almond butter has such a subtle taste I wouldn't wanna screw it up with anything but almond oil...after that you'd wind up losing money since almond butter(at least where I'm living) only costs about $1 more per pound than almonds...sometimes its even cheaper which is really weird

Well, I will make almond flour and then have at it with a mortar and pestle! It will be a lot of work but well worth it. I love making all the stuff I possibly can at home; it just gives me a good feeling. Now if I could only grow my own almonds...

Around here almond butter goes for almost double the price. Almonds at my coop are eight-something a pound and almond butter is something more like thirteen. So I guess not almost double, but a fair shake more.

W.r.t. almond and other nut butters, I think fresh nuts/seeds are so flavorful that using a more neutral-flavored oil with them probably won't make a difference taste-wise. I recently made fresh tahini with a little canola oil and it was soooo good, I didn't notice the flavor of the canola. When I do stuff with nuts and seeds I usually make a little at a time because blenders aren't too great for pureeing thick mixtures, and I first grind up the seeds till they're in very small bits--a bit of natural oilyness will have started happening on its own. Then I add in the oil, or water if I'm making nut milk, cream, etc. Or I first use a little water with the whole amount of nuts and blend that into a thick slurry, and then I add the rest of the liquid.

I just googled "homemade almond butter" and "homemade tahini" and got a bunch of links.

I'll pass on the banana chips and p.b., as it's hard enough keeping the pounds off as is!

I love dried bananas: the kind you can make in a dehydrator, that have nothing added (blended banana and other fruit also makes a pretty mean fruit roll-up when dried). But the banana 'chips' in stores are usually fried (which takes something already a source of concentrated calories, and makes it even more calorie-rich).

If you're looking for fattening treats, mix about 1 part miso with 2 parts tahini, and spread on some sesame crackers. I know from experience, having snacked on that combo quite a bit when I first turned veg, that it will put on the pounds if consumed in any quantity.

I'd pass on it if I never tried it...its way too good. As for dried bananas I'm looking forward to getting my food dehydrator to dip those in PB too but mostly to put in my cereal

When I was living with these girls at college, I swear I spread some of my veggie-ness to them because they started liking tofu and weird veggies (like mushrooms, which one didn't like but started to after my influence).

One day, my friend who was crazy about strawberries decided she wanted to make fondue with chocolate. So we did the chocolate with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. It was very difficult to clean up, as melted chocolate usually is.

Then from vegweb, I also found a recipe that is supposed to be like a vegan reese's cup. It was sinful! but sooo worth it....