FatFree Vegan Recipes

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
minimalistica
Rabbit
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: California
Contact:

FatFree Vegan Recipes

#1 Postby minimalistica » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:33 pm

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com

This is the healthiest vegan site I've ever seen. Check it out, one and all.
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller

veganpotter

#2 Postby veganpotter » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:05 pm

I don't see why a vegan would want to be on a fat free diet...surely its good for people to see it and much of the food has gotta be yummy but there' some good fat out there

Michelle
Elephant
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:30 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

#3 Postby Michelle » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Great link! The recipes and photos on that site look delicious. The Shiny Happy Hummus on that blog is going directly to my list of yummy things to try.

User avatar
xdarthveganx
Elephant
Posts: 1251
Age: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

#4 Postby xdarthveganx » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:39 pm

there were a couple on there im going to have to try! thanx!
https://www.facebook.com/xdarthveganx
I am in the process of trying to lose 60lbs of fat while gaining lean muscle by December 2012
My fitness/transformation log can be found here

User avatar
minimalistica
Rabbit
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: California
Contact:

#5 Postby minimalistica » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:25 am

The term "fat free" is used liberally to mean very low fat content.

Even a vegan can be overweight, and I am a prime example. Just because some fats are good for you doesn't mean they still can't make you... erm... fat!
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller

Tigress
Gorilla
Posts: 665
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:58 am
Contact:

#6 Postby Tigress » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:41 am

Michelle wrote:Great link! The recipes and photos on that site look delicious. The Shiny Happy Hummus on that blog is going directly to my list of yummy things to try.


That looks yum even though it looks like its served up in a dog bowl lol
When you rescue a dog, you gain a heart for life

User avatar
veganmadre
Elephant
Posts: 1056
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

#7 Postby veganmadre » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 am

Tigress wrote:
Michelle wrote:Great link! The recipes and photos on that site look delicious. The Shiny Happy Hummus on that blog is going directly to my list of yummy things to try.


That looks yum even though it looks like its served up in a dog bowl lol


Hehe. It's a special "dip" bowl. Usually, you see veggies or chips around the outside for dipping into the hummus, dip, salsa...

This blog is already on my daily food blog rotation! 8)
Making Prudish Americans Uncomfortable - one photo at a time.

veganpotter

#8 Postby veganpotter » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:48 pm

minimalistica wrote:The term "fat free" is used liberally to mean very low fat content.

Even a vegan can be overweight, and I am a prime example. Just because some fats are good for you doesn't mean they still can't make you... erm... fat!


I've been a fat vegan(300lbs) and not a fat vegan(sub 200)...the amount of fat I eat and ate has had little to do with my size...its how much I eat. Its not fat in your food that makes you fat its the amount of food you eat and when you eat it

User avatar
minimalistica
Rabbit
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: California
Contact:

#9 Postby minimalistica » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:35 am

I think there's a distinct difference between eating three meals a day of fried an other high fat foods than eating three meals a day that are balanced and nutritious.

Granted I originally gained weight from medications and yes, at that time, I tended to eat more because the medications slowed down my metabolism and also made me feel hungrier.

I still think that fat in food can make you more fat than eating light and trying to eat low calorie, low fat food. Overall what makes someone fat is a disproportionate amount of calories to the amount of calories that one burns throughout the day.

That means that if you're extremely active, you should consume more calories than someone who is sedentary.
"Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn whatever state I am in, therin to be content." - Helen Keller

veganpotter

#10 Postby veganpotter » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:46 pm

minimalistica wrote:I think there's a distinct difference between eating three meals a day of fried an other high fat foods than eating three meals a day that are balanced and nutritious.

Granted I originally gained weight from medications and yes, at that time, I tended to eat more because the medications slowed down my metabolism and also made me feel hungrier.

I still think that fat in food can make you more fat than eating light and trying to eat low calorie, low fat food. Overall what makes someone fat is a disproportionate amount of calories to the amount of calories that one burns throughout the day.

That means that if you're extremely active, you should consume more calories than someone who is sedentary.


Thing is you can have a higher fat diet by eating avocados and coconuts than someone who eats lots of fries and be much healthier and thinner...I know sedentary vegans who eat 2-3 avocados a day...lots of olive oil and a bunch of other fatty nuts and seeds yet appear very healthy...this is far more fat than the normal overweight person who eats vegan junk or non vegan who eats non vegan junk


Return to “Vegan Recipes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest