Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: vegan bars
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:17 pm 
Finch

I know this is not a recipe question but I could not decide where to post it.

I am looking for some more vegan bars, especially ones available at the store (as opposed to mail order). Right now I eat a lot of Larabars, any other reccomendations?

And, are Cliff bars vegan?

Post subject: Re: vegan bars
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:24 pm 
Mastodon

puppy wrote:
I know this is not a recipe question but I could not decide where to post it.

I am looking for some more vegan bars, especially ones available at the store (as opposed to mail order). Right now I eat a lot of Larabars, any other reccomendations?

And, are Cliff bars vegan?

Clif bars are Vegan.

Also, Robert works for Vega, they have bars that are raw and really good.

http://www.myvega.com/products/bars.asp

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:32 pm 
Vega Bars are the best...and Cliff Bars themselves are vegan but Cliff makes some bars that aren't...Luna Glow bars aren't vegan, the Cliff Mojo bars aren't vegan, and most of the bars they make for children aren't vegan either(sad because the few that are are very yummy but you rarely see them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:32 pm 
Gorilla

My new favorite thing in the world are the Cliff Nectar bars...they have like, 5 ingredients. All nuts and fruits, no added stuff. The dark chocolate walnut is amazing. Just organic dark chocolate, organic dates, organic walnuts...and vanilla I think. Don't have one in front of me, but it's SO good. There's other flavors that are all fruit, equally as good. They have around 160 kcal in them...I have them for snacks at school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:04 pm 
Gorilla

Yeah! Those Cliff Nectar bars are soooooo good!

I also love Organic Food Bars

and Think Organic Bars

and this is my new favorite:Nature's Path Optimum Orange Chocolate Bar I don't find any animal product in the ingredient list but it says it's "vegetarian".. why not vegan..maybe it's in the chocolate? I should write the company to ask :?

I also recently tried one with lots of "greens" in it and it was <i>really</i> good.. I wish I could remember the name of it..

http://www.jessiloveslife.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:37 pm 
Elephant

You can make your own using oats, nut butter, dried fruits and protein powders.
I've seen quite a few recipes... All you need to do is google it.

If you feel their breath on your skin, you just ache.
Have you ever craved someone so much you didn't exist anymore?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:18 pm 
Jessifly wrote:
and this is my new favorite:Nature's Path Optimum Orange Chocolate Bar I don't find any animal product in the ingredient list but it says it's "vegetarian".. why not vegan..maybe it's in the chocolate? I should write the company to ask :?

No...they just don't want to scare people with the word vegan(of course thats not to say all things that say vegetarian are vegan). Vegetarian is scary enough to a lot of people...but in reality vegan stuff should say vegetarian and things that have eggs or dairy shouldn't say anything since those aren't vegetable either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
Vega Bars are the best...and Cliff Bars themselves are vegan but Cliff makes some bars that aren't...Luna Glow bars aren't vegan, the Cliff Mojo bars aren't vegan, and most of the bars they make for children aren't vegan either(sad because the few that are are very yummy but you rarely see them)

What is a Luna "Glow" bar? It's not on the Clif web site, but this statment is:
Quote:
Q: Is LUNA Elixir vegan/vegetarian?
A: Yes. Like all LUNA products, LUNA Elixir is both vegan and vegetarian.

All of the ingredients listed on all of the flavors of children's Zbars are vegan. Is there some hidden ingredient I'm missing? We only buy these for Eva occassionally, so it would be no big deal to cut them out, but don't want to cut them out if it isn't necessary.

Quote:
Right on on the Mojo BarQ: Is MOJO Bar vegan?
A: No. MOJO Bar contains organic honey, a product of bees.

http://www.clifbar.com/default.cfm

I like the Nectar bars and the occassional Luna Bar, but I'm more in to Larabars. I've tried every flavor of Larabars and haven't found one I don't like, plus they say VEGAN right on the package!. :8

https://www.larabar.com/secure/index_.php

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:06 am 
Elephant

I think its nature's path, they make the optimum nutriton cereal and the zen cereal. Brandon is on the optimum box. anyhow they produce organic energy bars too. They are alright, but i think they could do without the icing they put on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:23 am 
Stegosaurus

According to the ClifBar website, the Mountain Mix and Mixed Nuts don't have honey, and seem to be vegan.

"Look at what a green thumb this guy has, he just throws plants in water and they root!"
- A good friend talking about my basil cuttings

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:42 am 
Elephant

yeah some of the mojobars are okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:43 pm 
I haven't seen Luna Glow bars for a very long time...they were made to target women to raise funds for breast cancer research(probably the more ethical type). Anyway they had whey in them which I thought was really weird. My mother bought a few for herself a few years back and I told her to just buy the regular Luna Bars.

As for the ZBars...most of the ones I see here all have honey but some aren't. I don't know which flavors are which since I only buy them if they have a big for sale sign on them...if they do I check if the one on sale is vegan and sometimes it isn't and sometime it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:21 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
As for the ZBars...most of the ones I see here all have honey but some aren't. I don't know which flavors are which since I only buy them if they have a big for sale sign on them...if they do I check if the one on sale is vegan and sometimes it isn't and sometime it is.

Maybe they took it out? I don't know, it's not on the ingredients list online or on the boxes at the co-op, but I'll make sure to check before buying again.

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

Post subject: New Bar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:00 pm 
I just bought these Raw Revolution Bars...Spirunlina&Cashew along with Chocolate and Cashew...they seem really yummy but I'm waiting to share with Jamie...also they are $1.79 which is a steal considering they are heavier than Luna Bars and much healthier....anyone try these before???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:07 pm 
I must say...these bars are great. In terms of taste they are far better than any bar I've ever had...VEGA bars are still much better though in terms of functionality...but these are my new replacement for Lara bars...these taste great(better than Lara although there are less flavors)...they are a bit larger and aren't so oily.