ISO: veg burgers

mtpaperworks

Hello -

I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but I am trying to follow BFL and would like to find ways to get protein from non-animal sources for some of my meals.

I have spent hours looking for recipes for veg burgers, and home-made protein bars as I think they'd be great to make in quantity and have available as needed.

However, I haven't found the perfect recipes. They either don't provide the nutritional composition, or they use too many processed or hard-to-find ingredients.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Marion

Hello Marion,

Thanks for joining our group, I'm sure you'll find some helpful information here.

I also did the BFL (Body-for-LIFE) program. I did it in 2000 on a Vegan diet and went from 157 lbs to 176 lbs in 12 weeks, and think I could have gained more muscle but I was very low on money and food, and had very high stress as I was going to school at the time.

Check out some nutrition programs on www.veganbodybuilding.com under the Nutrition Help section. Those are the meal plans I followed to have some really good gains when I followed Bill Phillips' program.

Best of luck to you.

Please feel free to stop by our Introductions page and tell us a bit more about yourself.

Have a great day!

-Robert

Hello Robert -

There is indeed lots of good info at www.veganbodybuilding.com, in the nutrition section. I was there prior to posting my query at this forum.

However, none of it addresses what I'm looking for, which is recipes for high protein foods which can be prepared in advance and eaten as necessary. Such as vegetarian/vegan burgers, loafs or bars. I would like to make them from whole foods as much as possible (including tofu, tvp, tempeh, grains, egg whites) with minimal processed ingredients such as protein powder.

I'll keep searching - I'm sure this is possible!

Thank you

Marion