My picture guide to making yummy vegan sushi....
First - Inspect and Respect Your Produce
1. Cook Two Cups Dry CALROSE rice per package directions. Allow to FULLY cool before using (approx 1 hour)
2. Mix 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar with 1 1/2 TBSP dry sweetener and 1 tsp salt (the bottle will likely say that you do not need to add the sweetener and salt - DO IT ANYWAY! IT makes a world of difference)
Heat over low heat to completely dissolve sweetener. Allow mixture to FULLY cool.
3. Slice Veggies Lengthwise and THIN....save Avocado for last as it will brown as it oxidizes.
4. After rice and rice vinegar are COOL
- no...geez...as in not Hot, mix together in a NONMETAL bowl with a WOODEN spoon.
5. Cut ROASTED/TOASTED (look for this, it's important!) Nori in half and place "rough side" up on a bamboo mat.
6. Follow Pictures Below:
WRAP TIGHTLY IN BAMBOO MAT AND LEAVE FOR APPROX. 1 MINUTE
ENJOY! I made Cashew Maki - Avocado, Cucumber and topped with crushed cashew nuts....Anything goes, really. Serve with soy sauce - my favorite by far is Kimlan brand - it's not officialy a Japanese soy sauce (It's from Taiwan) but it is THE BEST!