potluck

Share your favorite recipes with us.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

CollegeB
Elephant

potluck

#1 Postby CollegeB » Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 pm

So I'm going to be making a dish for a non-vegan potluck what are some things you all know that non vegans are okay with eating?

andgbr
Elephant

#2 Postby andgbr » Thu May 24, 2007 9:19 pm

it depends on the kind of potluck you're going, maybe mexican food, falafel ( and some other fried stuff ), beans, italian food..( some people don't like the whole grain pasta, so use the 'regular' ones..).... and so on..
what kind of potluck is that? who will be there? is it a ''formal'' or a ''friend'' potluck?

veganpotter

#3 Postby veganpotter » Thu May 24, 2007 11:18 pm

I think something that isn't normally vegan is great. Not something really meaty but maybe lasagna or something. Anything that normally has manicotti is an easy sell.

andgbr
Elephant

#4 Postby andgbr » Fri May 25, 2007 10:07 am

veganpotter wrote:I think something that isn't normally vegan is great. Not something really meaty but maybe lasagna or something. Anything that normally has manicotti is an easy sell.

yep, you're right..

there's also polenta, in which is made from cornmeal.. it's delicious.. xD
go to vegweb.com or another website with veg recipes, and try to find a recipe with polenta...
:)

lotus
Manatee

#5 Postby lotus » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:46 pm

I know your potluck probably already happened but I wanted to add to this anyhow,
Chips and homemade salsa, Guac, vegan baked goods (especially because poeple often think it is not possible, but usually they can't even tell!)
Dolmas
Hummos
Baklava
spinich pie
an awesome salad
fruit cobbler

Return to “Vegan Recipes”