Protien cookies

CrispyQ

This weekend I'm going to attempt to bake some protien powder choco-chip cookies -- at the request of my husband.

My regular choco chip recipe calls for 2 1/4 cups flour so I'm going to use 1 cup protien powder with 1 1/4 cups flour instead.

UNLESS, someone here has a better suggestion. ???

I'm also going to try veganmadre's white garlic sauce on pizza, if I can find some vegan mozz cheeze.

These cookies rocked!! I'm noshing on one right now with a cup of herbal spice tea.

Protien Choco Chipper Cookies

1 1/4 cups flour

1 cup protien powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 sticks vegan margarine (Earth Balance buttery sticks)

1 cup turbinado sugar

1/2 cup molasses

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (replaces 2 eggs)

12 ounce choco chips

Combine flour, protien powder, soda & salt in bowl. Set aside.

In large bowl, combine margarine, sugar, molasses & vanilla. Beat until creamy. Add applesauce, beating well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in choco chips by hand.

Bake in 350 degree oven for approx 10 minutes.

They are a little soft when you first take them from the oven so let them cool before moving to a rack or plate.

Next time I'll back off on the choco chips a little bit -- maybe 2/3 of a package of chips instead of all of them.

===

CollegeB, glad you checked out Reclaim Democracy & liked it.

• 4 years later...

i mixed up something the other night. No measurements. Just a few scoops of protein powder, some peanut butter, flax seed, little bit of turbinado, some flour and baking soda. Baked it for a little. I need to work on my recipe. I don't think there are many folks that would eat these things...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi,

this is my first post, and i thought i would share with you my own recipe for protein cookies, for anyone who is interested.

I use:

200g of pea protein isolate

100g of hemp flour (not the hemp protein powder as it's expensive, i get the flour from holland and barrat for about £2.50 per 500g)

100g of vegan butter

300g of nut muesli

3 tea spoons of non-bitter stevia powder (which i got from ebay, its a little expensive, but last a very long time)

Vanilla extract

I basically mix all the ingredients together with a little water until it starts sticking together, then press them into 21 equal sized cookies, and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, voilà.

I freeze them and have three a day, which lasts me a week.

it works out at roughly per cookie as:

120 calories

11.4 grams of protein

10 grams of carbs

4.2 grams of fat (which is mostly omega 3+6 good fats)

Taste pretty good as well.