Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:40 pm 
Elephant

I wish they made a vegan spray like "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray". I used to use that stuff on everything? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:15 pm 
You can always just melt some vegan buttery spread and put in in a spray bottle...you may need to thin it with some other kind of oil but I'm sure it would work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:52 pm 
Finch

Tofurky Italian Saugages
Amy's California Burgers
Silk Very Vanilla Soy Milk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:07 am 
Rabbit

Quote:
Tofutti better than cream cheese (on a toasted bagel with some picked-that-morning tomatoes mmmmmm)

Damn! that sounds awesome!! :love10:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:07 pm 
Elephant

Vega, Organic Food Bar, VitaMineralGreens, Ultimate Meal, Tofurky Soysages, Thai Kitchen Curry pastes, Yogi Tea, Ting's, Dr. Oetker...

Last edited by loveliberate on Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:03 pm 
Elephant

pelicanAndrew wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Green And Black chocolate bars. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. The mint is like a chocolate-mint induced mouth-orgasm. Fantastic.

I concur on the mouth-orgasm. Green & Black is the best! I keep a 70% dark bar in my nightstand at all times, in case of emergency.

Stonewall Jerquee - I got some of this when Ed and I stopped in Tennessee to visit Zack and did not purchase enough. We spent a lot of time on the drive discussing the fact that we should've gotten the 5lb bag. Suffice to say, I like it better than most of the other jerkys I've tried.

Tofurkey anything. I like most everything of theirs I've tried, thus far.

Brownies from http://www.simpletreats.com/ are the best ever. They are not currently accepting orders, but I did purchase a cookbook from them, so my own brownies will be the best ever until they start taking orders again. Oh how I wish they would.

Tofutti better than cream cheese
. Mix it with nutritional yeast, onion powder, and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper = closest thing to cheddar spread I've tried.

Wild Oats brand Pineapple-Chipotle salsa. I ate the entire jar in one day, and it wasn't just because I was in a hotel with no fridge to store it in. (Although, that's the excuse I used.) When I got sick of the chips, I dipped fresh kale.

Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle cookies. Price is a little high for a box of cookies that only last for eight minutes in my house (if we don't eat them all in the car on our way home) but worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:59 am 
Elephant

Michelle wrote:
pelicanAndrew wrote:
I'm also a big fan of Green And Black chocolate bars. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. The mint is like a chocolate-mint induced mouth-orgasm. Fantastic.

I concur on the mouth-orgasm. Green & Black is the best! I keep a 70% dark bar in my nightstand at all times, in case of emergency.

Stonewall Jerquee - I got some of this when Ed and I stopped in Tennessee to visit Zack and did not purchase enough. We spent a lot of time on the drive discussing the fact that we should've gotten the 5lb bag. Suffice to say, I like it better than most of the other jerkys I've tried.

Tofurkey anything. I like most everything of theirs I've tried, thus far.

Brownies from http://www.simpletreats.com/ are the best ever. They are not currently accepting orders, but I did purchase a cookbook from them, so my own brownies will be the best ever until they start taking orders again. Oh how I wish they would.

Tofutti better than cream cheese
. Mix it with nutritional yeast, onion powder, and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper = closest thing to cheddar spread I've tried.

Wild Oats brand Pineapple-Chipotle salsa. I ate the entire jar in one day, and it wasn't just because I was in a hotel with no fridge to store it in. (Although, that's the excuse I used.) When I got sick of the chips, I dipped fresh kale.

Enjoy Life Foods Snickerdoodle cookies. Price is a little high for a box of cookies that only last for eight minutes in my house (if we don't eat them all in the car on our way home) but worth it.

Not a good thread to read when I'm trying to stay on track! I want all of this!!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:06 pm 
Manatee

Yah I love the tofutti better than cream cheese, just bought some today...

I recently discovered Organic Food Bar's Vegan Food Bar. Creative name, right? It is actually very tasty, and nearly all whole food ingredients:

http://www.organicfoodbar.com/products/Vegan

Organic Almond Butter, Organic Date Paste, Organic Premium Agave Nectar, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic BioSprouts-Flax, Organic Biodynamic (Demeter) Raisins, Organic BioSprouts-Quinoa, Organic Sesame Seeds

BTW they are ~$25 for a box of 12 at whole foods, which is less than the price at the above website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:23 am 
Manatee

Toby's tofu spread and dip... Classic Lemon Dill or Jalepeno...

Eat it with corn chips or pita bread. Mmmmmmmmm :D

If the grocery store was still open I'd go get some right now. I usually eat the whole container within 24 hours of buying it, so I'm always out. :oops:

-Chris

ps. I think at least one flavor of this spread isn't vegan, but the Lemon Dill and Jalepeno are good to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:55 pm 
Elephant

Cappadonna wrote:
Tofurky Italian Saugages
Amy's California Burgers
Silk Very Vanilla Soy Milk

Oh man Very Vanilla is my all time favorite Silk flavor. I can't even drink there regular Vanilla anymore. It even kicks there's chocolate flavor in the arse :D

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:51 am 
Thats a hell of a lot of salt...I can stand it on toast but I have to spread some type of tofu spread on first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 pm 
Gorilla

It has been my experience that for children i have had the best luck making things for myself. My niece is someone i love to death and she would always want to share food with me. sadly i couldnt and didnt want to explain to a 5 year old why so the standard excuse was uncle cant eat that sorry sweetie. So she would jump at the chance to share food with me, perhaps it was situational but she loved bocca burgers any fruits or veggies, but if your looking for traditional comfort food id still recommend cooking it yourself

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

check through the site for a few recipies, most of that processed crap is just that crap, although tasty i wouldnt want to feed it to my niece.

before and after accountability photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:48 pm 
Manatee

[quote="Michelle"]

LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:14 pm 
Elephant

I'd like to try Green and Blacks but there is one thing stopping me( the factory label ) it says" This Product it manufactured on shared equipment with milk" I'm not allergic. But I am highly anal, obsessive compulsive and disease-a-phobic( Although my bestest friends kept telling me that you cannot get Mad Cow from dairy I just don't want to take any chances lol )

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:19 pm 
Manatee

Dr. Pink wrote:
I'd like to try Green and Blacks but there is one thing stopping me( the factory label ) it says" This Product it manufactured on shared equipment with milk" I'm not allergic. But I am highly anal, obsessive compulsive and disease-a-phobic( Although my bestest friends kept telling me that you cannot get Mad Cow from dairy I just don't want to take any chances lol )

You are doing the right thing by avoiding Green & Black. Who cares about Mad Cow, you are standing up for your own morals and that commendable. I try my best to avoid any products that touch animal products or are produced near animal products myself. Are vegan companies struggling so much that they have to share equipment with others?