Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:29 pm 
Elephant

BodhiDave85 wrote:
Dr. Pink wrote:
I'd like to try Green and Blacks but there is one thing stopping me( the factory label ) it says" This Product it manufactured on shared equipment with milk" I'm not allergic. But I am highly anal, obsessive compulsive and disease-a-phobic( Although my bestest friends kept telling me that you cannot get Mad Cow from dairy I just don't want to take any chances lol )

You are doing the right thing by avoiding Green & Black. Who cares about Mad Cow, you are standing up for your own morals and that commendable. I try my best to avoid any products that touch animal products or are produced near animal products myself. Are vegan companies struggling so much that they have to share equipment with others?

Not too sure about that. Maybe if the company is owned by a multi-conglomerate food company. My only vise is So Delicious Vegan Ice Cream. They don't exactly list what comes in contact with it but they say they take high steps to ensure that there product is the best with taste testing and other tests. But I want to eventually start making my own from scratch.

In fact I want to start making my own EVERYTHING from scratch( Besides Pasta because that takes quite complex and I am lazy XD )

Check it out here. http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/forums/index.php ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:33 pm 
Manatee

Best Faux- Milk Product I have tasted..

Living Harvest Hempmilk Vanilla

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncom ... nbr=950031

Post subject: Re: Favorite Brands Convenient Foods, Condiments, Etc
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm 
Elephant

ahah, I knew there was maybe a thread like this one, I found it by pure chance (the Search engine REALLY sucks) at the last moment just before posting a new thread. Here's the intro I wrote and don't want it to go to waste.

Post Your Fetish Foods

"There is a thread about "what foods makes you weak in the knees", one about "what are the bulkers eating???,
so I thought it might be interesting to have a place where we could just write a list of the foods we like to buy and eat on a regular basis, so we can say why and some may find good ideas.
Maybe not your complete grocery list, but the foods that are your favorites. The ones you don't wanna see disappear, the ones that you would chose to bring on a desert island, the ones that you would sell in [i]your
own food store if you had one.

No recipes here, only ingredients, junk foods, whole foods, food products, supplements...
You can list them randomly or list by groups (fruits & veggies, grains & legumes, snacks, sweets, etc)."[/i]

I'm glad I found this similar thread.
I'm probably gonna post my list later tonight.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 pm 
Gorilla

Jessifly wrote:
The best cheese alternative in my opinion is a sauce made with nutritional yeast. Besides that, I don't like cheese substitutes at all, they are all yucky.....

I agree; "cheese" sauces made with nutritional yeast can be quite yummy! I more or less follow the "recipe" (no proportions are listed) for Smoky Vegan Pizza sauce found at this Web site:
http://www.vegancoach.com/vegan-diet-tips.html

Jeff

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm 
Gorilla

veganpotter wrote:
Soy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag

This. stuff. is. like. crack.

Honestly, if I'm ever in dire need of guilty pleasure, it's what I turn to. And, compared to the dairy alternatives, it's not really bad for you at all. I was a big ice cream person way back in the day, and this is one of those products that I feel can actually stand tall next to the hardcore ice creams like Haagen-Dazs.

My soy milk of choice is So Nice, regular flavour. It's a Canadian product (at least that's what the cartons here say) so I hope that means it travels a bit less than the American soymilks to get here, it uses organic soybeans and I like the taste more than any other soymilk I've tried.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:10 pm 
Elephant

medman wrote:
veganpotter wrote:
Soy Delicious Peanut Butter Zig Zag

This. stuff. is. like. crack.

Honestly, if I'm ever in dire need of guilty pleasure, it's what I turn to. And, compared to the dairy alternatives, it's not really bad for you at all. I was a big ice cream person way back in the day, and this is one of those products that I feel can actually stand tall next to the hardcore ice creams like Haagen-Dazs.

My soy milk of choice is So Nice, regular flavour. It's a Canadian product (at least that's what the cartons here say) so I hope that means it travels a bit less than the American soymilks to get here, it uses organic soybeans and I like the taste more than any other soymilk I've tried.

Yeah I think So Nice is Canadian because there's plenty of those here where I live.
And I think there's some Soy Delicious ice cream but not sure there's the flavour you're talking about; I hope so! I wanna try it because I love peanut butter.

If you have more foods of this kind that you adore, you can post them in this other fantastic thread : what food makes you weak in the knees?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm 
Gorilla

I'm Your Man wrote:
Yeah I think So Nice is Canadian because there's plenty of those here where I live.
And I think there's some Soy Delicious ice cream but not sure there's the flavour you're talking about; I hope so! I wanna try it because I love peanut butter.

If you have more foods of this kind that you adore, you can post them in this other fantastic thread : what food makes you weak in the knees?

The "fancy" flavours (Peanut Butter Zigzag, Brownie Fudge Explosion, Pralines & Cream, Rocky Road, etc) are only found in the small containers (about 450 mL I believe) with sort of a gold colour and black logo. The larger, cheaper tubs (that are closer to 1L) are plainer flavours. The large tubs have some slightly interesting flavours like "Chocolate and Peanut Butter", but that one is just 50% chocolate and 50% peanut butter-flavoured soy ice cream. The Peanut Butter Zigzag has crunchy pieces of chocolate and ribbons of real peanut butter all in a base of chocolate soy ice cream. It's in another galaxy flavour-wise, but here it's usually $5/450 mL container while the larger plain flavours are $8/1L.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 pm 
Elephant

Yeah the fancy ones are Purely Decadent. I think I only tasted the Rocky Road one. I think those ice creams are in sale at my food store so I'm gonna buy some!

There's new ice cream and dairie free yogurt from So Delicious made with coconut milk
http://www.turtlemountain.com/products/products.html

medman wrote:
I'm Your Man wrote:

The "fancy" flavours (Peanut Butter Zigzag, Brownie Fudge Explosion, Pralines & Cream, Rocky Road, etc) are only found in the small containers (about 450 mL I believe) with sort of a gold colour and black logo. The larger, cheaper tubs (that are closer to 1L) are plainer flavours. The large tubs have some slightly interesting flavours like "Chocolate and Peanut Butter", but that one is just 50% chocolate and 50% peanut butter-flavoured soy ice cream. The Peanut Butter Zigzag has crunchy pieces of chocolate and ribbons of real peanut butter all in a base of chocolate soy ice cream. It's in another galaxy flavour-wise, but here it's usually $5/450 mL container while the larger plain flavours are $8/1L.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 pm 
Gorilla

Licorice. I could eat it every day for the rest of my life. :popcorn:

Nothing more to say. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 am 
Rabbit

I love convenience foods sometimes. Okay, actually . . . a lot!

I've been hunting down the best frozen vegan burger. I really, really like Amy's Quarter Pound Veggie burger. With Veganaise, Ketchup, pickles, Soy cheese substitute, jalapenos, on a whole wheat bun.

With frozen french fries I bake in the oven.

Followed by this soy ice cream (vegan) that I buy at Trader Joe's. Vanilla/Mango.

This is my favorite Friday-night-after-work junk food.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 pm 
Elephant

I finally got to try nutritional yeast when I had some nachos that Jessifly made for everyone during VV08. It was so good, and yummy!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:15 pm 
Elephant

I can't believe I hadn't tried this before but I just tried Tofutti Cream Cheese.

OMG, was I missing out or what? My daughter absolutely loves this discovery because now I mix it in everthing I make for her for an extra creamy texture, since I have yet to ever find a Vegan cheese that I like.

The other day I opened a can of Vegan Chili for her and I mixed in a couple tbs of the Tofutti cream cheese and a little hot sauce and she said it was the best chili she ever had!